New Airfix kits for 2004

its
remember
be
Very interesting, but who on earth are Kitech?
John
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:38:23 +0000, John Walker wrote:
<snipped>

See here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item169227931&category 89
but I'm still none the wiser.
[SNIP]

I think you'll find that Kitech used to call themselves Zhengdhefu

so what you're saying is,as bad as most people say old airfix kits are,they are gems in comparison?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Eyeball2002308) wrote in

Not sure what their newer kits are like, but old airfix kits were better than their first ones.
From what I've seen, many of the aircraft from Kitech seem to be rips of other kits (e.g., F-111 1/48 is apparently from minicraft). Their armour is beteer quality but motorised and essentially toylike and their ships seem to copies of nichimo kits.
But like I say, their uality could be improving but my experience so far is that the old airfix kits at least used to fit together.
Perhaps airfix is helping kitech with quality, or maybe airfix is seeking to develop a "value" line of products. Unfortunately my knowledge is too limited, but I hope this helps.
Actually...I love airfix kits...but I don't want to buy a copy of a copy in a 3rd box...geez

in a

Having seen photos of the sprues for the 1/72nd scale GMC and Jeep, I'd have to say they look quite nice.
John

How does the jeep compare to Hasegawa's and Academy's (which are very much alike, IMO. Their wheel hubs especially look wrong to me, and I have no idea how to fix that.)
-Lasse
Now that's a VERY scary thought....the mighty have indeed fallen.
RobG (the Aussie one)

[SNIP]

afair, they are are potentially kits to avoid if i have the right name. they are not expensive kits but the one one of theirs that i saw was awful.
trevor

they
worst crap i have ever seen, avoid like sex with a hooker.
Surely not Kitech kits reboxed????
These as many UK RMSers know can be found in the bargain poundland style of shop. I've acquired a few in the past to see what they were like. Examples I've had were copies of Hasegawa and Italeri kits and as per previous posts the quality isn't particularly spectacular.
I wouldn't really have thought that Humbrol/Airfix/Heller would have struck a deal with a dodgy Chinese manufacturer that is basically copying other manufacturers kits, that may leave them open to action from the aggrieved original source.
With any luck the Sea Cobra kit is more likely to have come from the Italeri stable as Airfix have reboxed Italeri kits recently (Hercules, Dakota, Chinook, Gripen, Viggen (I know that was Esci but Italeri seem to have all the other Esci tooling)
Can't wait for the 72 Concorde, have to start scaling up my Pepsi decal sheet......................
--
AAAMODELS.CO.UK