New Airfix kits for 2008

Photos from "Children's Universe" toy show: http://modelstories.free.fr/news/News2008_ARFX_GENE_P/index.html That 1/24 Mosquito is going to be a big 'un.
Other goodies - 1/48th scale TSR.2, whole lotta' 1/48 and 1/72 Canberra/B-57 versions, a 1/72 FW-190/Ta-154 Mistel. Armor: 1/76 Churchill bridging tank, Sherman Calliope, Matilda Hedgehog, lots of former JB Models kits, including a Vickers Light Tank, and a big D-Day set including a Sherman Crab flail and Churchill Crocodile flamethrower:
http://modelstories.free.fr/news/News2008_ARFX_GS_P/img0.jpg
Pat
snipped-for-privacy@daktel.com wrote:

notice anything about that b-17 "e"?
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

Yeah, it's a 'G'. Either they have the wrong title up or the wrong illustration, as Academy did have an 'E' moulded.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

weren't some late f's equipped with the chin turret? i believe they took it from the failed gunships?
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

Retro-fitted, as I recall. The 'G' was the first production model with the chin turret. And yes, the chin turret was adapted from the YB-40. It helped answer the problem of head-on Luftwaffe attacks.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

ah so, thanks bill.i have a liking for that ac which started when i was 8, got one for a gift and started an endless chain of variety. so fa the biggest was the lindberg, but i have two 1/48s for the future. i want to build the sar version with the lifeboat.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

Any idea what you're using for the boat?
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

Call me Sgt. Schulz: I know nothing. OTOH, I'll bet somebody here does know what the boats were like.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Mad-Modeller wrote:

If only _someone_ would do the YB-17 in 1/72. Talk about a beautiful and historically important aircraft.
Pat

Rareplane kit had a Y1B-17 along with B-17C and D variants.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com wrote:

It was supposed to be a real pain-in-the-rear to build; they had one in Scale Modeler way-way back.
Pat
Pat Flannery wrote:

Thanks for the post it was very informative but I'm afraind there are too many reboxings of items which should have been pensioned-off *decades* ago for my liking.
(kim)

Just how many "new" kits does Airfix release? For some reason this company reminds me of a company that is stuck with 30 year old inventory and just keeps rewrapping it in a new box...
Craig
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net said the following on 02/05/2008 04:37:

Hopefully it's the last time for them doing that. I can understand why this is happening if they haven't got a whole wad of cash to play with, to sit down and have people go out and re-measure all the old aircraft and fix the old errors in measurements and ignore hashed-together aircraft in museums made from various marks, make totally new moulds, etc...
Hopefully if they then get enough spare cash coming back in from the older stuff, they'll be able to knock out a more professional range of things.
Just a thought.

How about the JB issues? I don't how exactly you stick a Vickers Light Tank into a WW II diorama, but it's pretty interesting to have a model one to purchase at all.
Pat
Pat Flannery wrote:

!/72 Canberras? Dammit! It's not like I don't have enough obsessions at the moment.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

wonder if they'll have the super long pr wings? they really make an awesome looking plane.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

No doubt someone will bring out a conversion kit.
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

hope so, enzo. i saw one scratched in scale modeler long ago. it was awesome.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:

I wouldn't mind building an EB-57E. The Aircraft Grey colour scheme always suited that aircraft extremely well.