New Airfix kits for 2008

Photos from "Children's Universe" toy show:

1/24 Mosquito is going to be a big 'un. Other goodies - 1/48th scale TSR.2, whole lotta' 1/48 and 1/72 Canberra/B-57 versions, a 1/72 FW-190/Ta-154 Mistel. Armor: 1/76 Churchill bridging tank, Sherman Calliope, Matilda Hedgehog, lots of former JB Models kits, including a Vickers Light Tank, and a big D-Day set including a Sherman Crab flail and Churchill Crocodile flamethrower:
Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

notice anything about that b-17 "e"?

Reply to
someone

Thanks for the post it was very informative but I'm afraind there are too many reboxings of items which should have been pensioned-off *decades* ago for my liking.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Just how many "new" kits does Airfix release? For some reason this company reminds me of a company that is stuck with 30 year old inventory and just keeps rewrapping it in a new box...

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Yeah, it's a 'G'. Either they have the wrong title up or the wrong illustration, as Academy did have an 'E' moulded.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

!/72 Canberras? Dammit! It's not like I don't have enough obsessions at the moment.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

weren't some late f's equipped with the chin turret? i believe they took it from the failed gunships?

Reply to
someone

wonder if they'll have the super long pr wings? they really make an awesome looking plane.

Reply to
someone

No doubt someone will bring out a conversion kit.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Retro-fitted, as I recall. The 'G' was the first production model with the chin turret. And yes, the chin turret was adapted from the YB-40. It helped answer the problem of head-on Luftwaffe attacks.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I noticed that the B-57B pictured there was really a 'G'. Maybe the kit will have optional parts.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I'd never even heard of the Canberra before I saw one at Gaydon in 1968. That's mainly because Airfix didn't make one at the time. I found out much later that 'other' British company did but I tended to avoid them.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I have a FROG B(I)8 kit in my Deep Stash. Original box and everything!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Best left in the box if my experience of trying to build a Frog kit is anything to go by.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I also have a FROG Hunter FGA9 as well. Then there are numerous FROG kits in NOVO bags and boxes. I have a couple of Gannets, a couple of Typhoons, a Martin Baltimore and, if memory serves, a Miles Martinet.

I've thought about building one of the Gannets in parallel with the Trumpeter kit.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

show:

That 1/24 Mosquito is going to be a big 'un.

Some great long lost friends in there. And to the Airfix and Frog bashers...send 'em to me! :)

Reply to
eyeball

ah so, thanks bill.i have a liking for that ac which started when i was 8, got one for a gift and started an endless chain of variety. so fa the biggest was the lindberg, but i have two 1/48s for the future. i want to build the sar version with the lifeboat.

Reply to
someone

hope so, enzo. i saw one scratched in scale modeler long ago. it was awesome.

Reply to
someone

and i'll take the lindbergs.

Reply to
someone

Which scale? I still want their 1/72s too ;)

Reply to
eyeball