New Airfix kits for 2008

Yup, here they come. About time the Canberra gets its due. Dare I dream? A 1/32 scale Sea Vixen? Okay, I'll settle for a Meteor. And, of course, a 1/24 scale Hawker Hunter. "We are not worthy! We are not worthy!" Assembling _that_ would be a Holy Thing. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Never saw a Frog Canberra, but one of the earliest models I ever built was the

Reply to
Pat Flannery

For real fun, put the Frog Vickers Vimy together sometime. In pre-superglue days, that was like being condemned to Hell regarding the inter-wing bracing struts. Put tape on them... put rubber bands on them... and watch them fold up diagonally as the glue dries. That being said, the Frog Miles Magister glider was one of the first model kits I ever built, under the "Airlines" release label. :-D

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Man has a tendency to look back on a "Golden Age" in the past, but I have to wonder of we are actually living in a Golden Age now.

Let's consider. After years of mediocre or downright inaccurate Hunter kits in 1/72, we now have the two beautful Revell ones. Trumpeter has had a really good go at filling in the FAA gaps - Wyvern, Sea Hawk, Sea Fury, Gannet. MPM will shortly release a Sea Vixen FAW1 and the FAW2 version will be in an Xtrakit box. The same has happened with Meteors (FR9, F8) with more to come (F4 and, wonder of wonders, a T7). And there are no less than three companies - Academy, MPM, Trumpeter - all threatening us with Lightnings.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Yeah, Airfix models played a very important part in my youth also; first model I ever painted was a Airfix Ar-196 floatplane. Now.. regarding that 1/12 model of Kylie Minogue that Airfix intends to do in their Doctor Who series... is it possible to capture that petite super-heated ultra-vixen's innate lust in a five-inch-high styrene figure? I think not.

Scale _this_ down to five inches high:

Seriously, what is fascinating about her is that when you see her proportions... right down to her face and eyes... and you'd _think_ she's around a svelte six feet tall, rather than five-feet-one-inch tall. She's diminutive, yet perfectly proportioned for a person of that size in her whole body, like she's a hobbit of some sort.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

RB-57 conversion kits? You can those coming a mile off, can't you?

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

What the hell's going on? Are you *trying* to give me a heart attack or summat????

That's more than mortal man can handle.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Yeah, the big bubble dome on the Canberra's pilot's position means that superdetailing the cockpit will be something worth doing, particularly with a replacement vacuform canopy.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

"Enzo Matrix" wrote

Now we just need up-to-date Javelins and Buccaneers and the set will be complete. Or complete enough for me anyway. Although some of the more esoteric Brit test a/c would be very welcome in injection plastic form. Yes, I know there's resin, but I'm not too keen on mixing resin kits and a hot, humid tropical climate...

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

Pat Flannery wrote in news:yNWdnWpmXq2h54DVnZ2dnUVZ_r6rnZ2d@northdakotatelephone:

A hobbit? You leave our Kyles alone, mate. :-)

I've seen that clip before and I love it. One of the very few genuinely beautiful women in the public eye, IMO. I just wish she'd return my phone calls.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

on 5/4/2008 9:57 AM RobG said the following:

Ah, Kylie.......... I had saved this YouTube video just for something to help me wake up in the morning.

there's a typo in the YouTube title. It took me a dozen playings before my eyes got around to seeing that, or anything else on the page other than the video. :-)

Reply to
willshak

willshak wrote

To take this further OT... while we're talking petite and sexy, search YouTube for 'Alizee'. She's a sweet little French thing - I don't speak Froggy, and bubble-gum pop really ain't my bag, but !ZOWIE!, talk about Big-Badda-Boom. I don't have her number, or I'd call and leave a message...

RobG (the Ausse one)

Reply to
RobG

I'd be greedy and ask for Vampires, Venoms, a Swift and a Scimitar as well! :-D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

seeing one flying must be amazing, that wing is almost impossible wrong. it wasn't a kit, some guy scratched the whole section to add to the bird.

Reply to
someone

That is Kylie singing the words to "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" over a backing track from New Order's "Blue Monday". That's quite outrageous!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

-snip-

Pity. Most of those kits came with a propellor.

Peace and justice,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

"Enzo Matrix" wrote

Bailiff!...

Yes, you're right Enzo. Those additions would indeed round out the set.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

Rareplane kit had a Y1B-17 along with B-17C and D variants.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Had the same experience back then with the original Vimy kit. About that time Dave Boksanski turned me on to MEK and I started churning out biplanes.

The Magister was a trainer. I think you mean the General Aircraft Hotspur II. There was even a variant with two fuselages. Airmolds did a conversion for it. Imagine a realy sleek, svledt Zwilling. :-)

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Call me Sgt. Schulz: I know nothing. OTOH, I'll bet somebody here does know what the boats were like.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller