Best 1/35 WWII Tiger I kit............

In your humble opinion which one is it?????

Reply to
JLEJONES

Latest Dragon. If we wait, maybe they'll have zimmerit to match the King Tiger. AFV Club is also nice.

Claude Allen

Reply to
Claude H. Allen

the dragon kt i was given has zimmerit. it's really nice; 700 parts including an aluminum barrel, pe and steel.

Reply to
someone

geez, 700 pieces. what is the world coming to.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

snipped-for-privacy@COSLINK.NET wrote: : : In your humble opinion which one is it????? : prototype, very early, early, mid, late or frankentank version? Specific version, perhaps? Maybe something in the exhaulted Michael Wittman, perhaps?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

not all are used. there is a lot of variation possible and it is sweet. the slide molded stuff is amazing and now i see why cookie loves it. i got it as a gift, but the buyer got it for $31 and $5 shipping. a bahgan as they say in dorchester. certainly better than the old tamy and cheaper.

Reply to
someone

If you want an easy build, the Tamiya Early or Initial Production kits are accurate, well-engineered and have soft plastic band type tracks (though the center guide teeth on the tracks are molded solid when they ought to be hollow). You'll need to add the engine deck screens using an aftermarket set (either Tamiya's own set or any major brass photoetch supplier--Aber, Eduard, Lion Roar, etc.). Dragon's kits have more detail, including parts for underneath the engine gratings and a basic turret interior, and include photoetch and turned metal parts in the kit. Their upcoming Tiger I late model with the molded on Zimmerit should be outstanding. The original Dragon releases had individual link tracks, but they again had solid guide teeth. The most recent Tiger I re-release (the late model without Zimmerit) has soft plastic tracks with hollow guide teeth and excellent edge detail. AFV Club's Tiger I isn't bad, and it has soft plastic track with solid guide teeth. No Zimmerit is provided. AFV Club also has outstanding individual link workable styrene track sets for early and late Tigers, as well as transportation tracks. These have hollow guide teeth, and involve just two large parts per link, rather than the five used on Model Kasten's. They fit all current Tiger kits, and cost under twenty Us dollars from most retailers. The older Tiger kits from Academy need more work (though some boxings offer a complete interior). Italeri's Tigers are best avoided. Gerald Owens

Reply to
Gerald Owens