New Airfix kits for 2008

I wouldn't mind building an EB-57E. The Aircraft Grey colour scheme always suited that aircraft extremely well.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

indeed. that would be a sharp looking bird.

Reply to
someone

which are you looking for in the lindbergs? i usually have a stack if you really need one.

Reply to
someone

In my opinion, it's the dangly bits that make a model. The EB-57E has the possibility of deployed flaps and airbrakes and there's that huge canopy, with all the cockpit detail potential. And when you consider the panel rash (stencils) and the potential for some nicely restrained weathering, then it is a superdetailer's dream.

Reply to
Limpet

pobably a long build too. you know, since you're doing the interior, you might as well......ad infinitus

Reply to
someone

Oh... don't get me started... As a railway modeller, I'm particularly susceptible to that affliction! Can you imagine just how anal I can get regarding the interiors of Stanier coaches?????

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

like me building motors for a lindberg do335?

Reply to
someone

Hopefully it's the last time for them doing that. I can understand why this is happening if they haven't got a whole wad of cash to play with, to sit down and have people go out and re-measure all the old aircraft and fix the old errors in measurements and ignore hashed-together aircraft in museums made from various marks, make totally new moulds, etc...

Hopefully if they then get enough spare cash coming back in from the older stuff, they'll be able to knock out a more professional range of things.

Just a thought.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

I'm good actually, thanks. But I'm not adverse to multiples :)

Reply to
eyeball

want me to do a count and see what is over?

Reply to
someone

Any idea what you're using for the boat?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I have one 3/4 built. And a Matchbox PR.9 almost finished.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I'll bet on that Miles being a Master. I remember one Scale Aircraft Modelling having an article on how to convert the Master into a Martinet.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I think you're right.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

sure...email me off board if you'd like, thanks

Reply to
eyeball

gimmie a day or two. i also found out they will reissue those this year! so no matter what, you'll have them.

Reply to
someone

Yes, all Novos were ex-Frog including the Swordfish.There was no Swordfish from Lindberg. Frog, Airfix, Matchbox, diecast from Corgi. There should be a new kit from the MPM combine in the not too distant future.Happy modeling,tOMOn May 2, 11:27=A0pm, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote:> In article , snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:> >Enzo Matrix wrote:> > >> kim wrote:> >>

toy show:> >> >>>>>

obsessions at the moment.> > >> >>> I'd never even heard of the Canberra before I saw one at Gaydon in> >> >>> 1968. That's mainly because Airfix didn't make one at the time. I> >> >>> found out much later that 'other' British company did but I tended> >> >>> to avoid them.> > >> >> I have a FROG B(I)8 kit in my Deep Stash. =A0Original box and> >> >> everything!> > >> > Best left in the box if my experience of trying to build a Frog kit is> >> > anything to go by.> > >> I also have a FROG Hunter FGA9 as well. =A0Then there are numerous FROG kits>

Typhoons, a> >> Martin Baltimore and, if memory serves, a Miles Martinet.> > >> I've thought about building one of the Gannets in parallel with the> >> Trumpeter kit.> > >> --> >> Enzo> > >> I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.> > >I'll bet on that Miles being a Master. =A0I remember one Scale Aircraft> >Modelling having an article on how to convert the Master into a> >Martinet.> > >Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.> > guys, are all the novo's reboxed frogs? i have a novo stringbag that doesn't> look half bad. sparse cockpit but the outside looks like it should.> is the lindberg ok?- Hide quoted text -> > - Show quoted text -

Reply to
maiesm72

are you positive tom?i would swear i built one but you do know your kits. especially 1/72. i don't have the directions or box art in my 60's archive, so i'm sure you're right. but i built the thing, honest, yeah..... a variety of crs i suppose.

Reply to
someone

How about the JB issues? I don't how exactly you stick a Vickers Light Tank into a WW II diorama, but it's pretty interesting to have a model one to purchase at all.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

If only _someone_ would do the YB-17 in 1/72. Talk about a beautiful and historically important aircraft.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery