Airfix 1/24 Harrier GR3

I built the original Airfix 1/24 Harrier when I was in my teens, always an impressive kit. I remember the wing to fuselage joints causing me problems, but not a lot more. Has anyone put a review of the updated GR3 kit online? I've got an unbuilt original issue sat in the loft, but I really fancy building a Falklands era GR3, so the newer version beckons, Cheers, Bill.

PS Also interested in any reviews of the Sea Harrier in the same scale. Lots of anticipation before th kit was released, but I've yet to meet anyone who's built one.

Reply to
Bill Davies

Airfix has updated some of their older 1:24 scale kits, so what one gets is the original issue, plus one or more update frames and decals

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

I`ve built the Sea Harrier, What you get is the pretty much the full original kit plus a new nose, sidewinders and various other bits, What you have to is cut the nose off and attach the new one, the joint is`nt too bad but will require filler also the texture of the plastic in the original is rougher than the new stuff but I`m not sure what you can do about that, The kit certainly looks impressive when built. Darren

Reply to
Dazinio

Thanks Darren, I think I'll have to get one of these for the stockpile while the prices are good, Cheers, Bill.

Bill Davies