Airfix Sea Harrier FRS.1 1/48

Hi. I now have this model (looks like a lot of work) and I have heard that the ailerons are too long, i.e. the dividing line to the flaps is in the wrong position and needs to be relocated - filled and rescribed in the correct position. Does anyone know about a link addressing this? (I have no references yet for the SHar) TIA Ingo

Reply to
Ingo

Hi Ingo,

IIRC Airfix reworked the wing when the FA.2 kit was released and the new wing was included in subsequent releases of the FRS.1 and GR.3 kits.

If you have a recent kit with the nice boxart of 899 squadron anniversary scheme, then the wing should be right.

As a simple guide the flap should be longer than the aileron, in the original release the aileron and flap lengths were transposed.

A great starting point is the Harrier SIG :

Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips

Thanks a lot! No, I my copy must be one of the older releases; features mostly Falkland SHars. Boxart is a model photo. But I'll get myself the FA2 as well and then I'll see. Although the transposed lengths are a good hint anyway. Great website (harrier.hyperlinx) TY Ingo

*time is an enemy*
Reply to
Ingo Degenhardt

One of the regulars here has a quote after his name about the fact that you can agonise over the accuracy of the model .........but the judges will still flame you......best of luck

Reply to
Ozmoddler