1/48 Sea Fury

Is there any sign of a 1/48 Sea Fury on the horizon?
Trumpeter have realeased a 1/72 kit, while Fisher and Hobbycraft have 1/32
kits. All that's available in 1/48 is the very old Hobbycraft one, and that
needs an awful lot of work to bring it up to standard, not to mention a
second mortgage on your house to pay for all the aftermarket resin required.
So, when will we get a decent one? I wonder if Trumpeter will scale their
1/72 kit up, like they did with the Wyvern... (or was the Wyvern scaled
down to 1/72? I can never remember)
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
im 99% sure they already do one, could have sworn my local model shop has em..or did
Reply to
Jules
That must be the new 1/72 kit.
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
ah, i just called my local model shop, the 48th thing i saw was the Wyvern...knew it was a little differant what caught my eye. nay mind soz
Reply to
Jules
I keep seeing mention of this 1/32 Hobbycraft Sea Fury. Just who the heck carries it????
Reply to
frank
on 9/25/2007 4:40 AM Enzo Matrix said the following:
It has already risen above the horizon.
willshak
Hmmm... The code number on that is HC9583.
In my stash, I have a Hobbycraft 1/48 Sea Fury that I bought in 1984. The code number on that is HC1583. Is the new kit simply a re-pop of that old kit, with maybe a few extra parts? There would have to be a *lot* of extra parts to justify re-releasing that kit. Although the shape is accurate and the panel lines are engraved, that engraving isn't what I would call acceptable these days and all of the detail parts would have to be replaced. There are only 49 parts in total in the kit.
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
( Nothing wrong with the Hobbycraft kit; it's accurate (as far as I'm concerned... it sure looks like a Sea Fury) and will build up nicely. You just need to detail the interior and the wheel wells to come up with an excellent model. I think you can even get Squadron Vac canopy too. Oh decal options galore...
--- Stephen
Reply to
Stephen Tontoni
Geez, I didn't think Hobbycraft had been around that long!
Reply to
frank
I second that. I have one made up, and it does have the subtle lines of the Sea Fury. It certainly looks like, and captures the "sit" of one, which is my main test of any kit.
Regards
Pat Macguire
Reply to
P & H Macguire
Article about it here:
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery
The march 2007 Scale Aircraft Modelling Magazine lists a Trumpeter 1/48th Sea Fury FB.11. as a forth coming kit. My local hobby shop said he also saw it listed from his supplier as a future release. Time will tell I guess but sure hope it is true. regards JimboD
Reply to
JDorsett