Into 2009

I've just started a 1/48 Eduard Hellcat Mk I. It will be built OOB in the colourful D Day markings provided in the Eduard dual combo kit.

It looks like 2009 will be the year of the carrier-borne aircraft at Matrix Mansions. The current line up for the next couple of months stands at:

1/72 Trumpeter Gannet - to be built as an overall blue COD Mk4 1/72 Xtrakit Sea Vixen - I've heard that this is a challenging kit, so I'm looking forward to this one 1/48 Tamiya F4U-1 - to be built with a birdcage canopy as one of the Guadalcanal marine aircraft. Now I need to find a really shabby-looking aircraft to build. 1/48 Tamiya F4U-4 - the F4U-1 kit with a CMK conversion kit. I built the Matchbox 1/72 kit when I was a kid and really liked the green striped scheme, so that's what my 1/48 one will be wearing.

oh... and a 1/72 Trumpeter Lightning.

All of these have come from the stash. I'm not buying any new kits this year. Honest... except for maybe a Trumpeter Sea Fury. Just the one, though...

What's on *your* to-do list?

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Hi there Enzo.

2009 for me will be a year of modelling Israeli venhicles. I have the Tamiya Cromwell and the Academy Merkava II nearly completed. Then it's on to some of my AFV Cclub Centurions in Israeli service =3D 1967, 1973 and 1982 with added armour and thermal sleeve gun barrel. I also have the Academy M-113 Fitter, Zelada and Vulcan to do. Plus I have a Shmra aand a Mutt with 106mm recoiless rifle. I also have the Academy M-51 Isherman and a couple of the AMT M-60 Blazer kits to build. As I'm working on those I'll also be assembling some Israeli figures. I have Dragon's Paratroops and Academy's IDF Modern Infantry and Academy's IDF Tank Crew sets. I'll be looking for an interior for my recently acquired Italeri M-109 kit too. All these are 1/35 scale.

I hope to get a resin Merkava IV this year too. I wish it was available in styrene. It would be nice if there was an accurate styrene kit of the Merkava III too.

In betwen these kits I'll be modifying an M-48 and M-3 halftrack to Israeli service too.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
TankBuilder2

New kits from AirfiX for 2009 My pick is the 1/48 sea vixen regards Jim

Airfix UK Distributor: Hornby Plc

1:72 (IM) 01034 Yak-9D RE 01039 Bell P-39Q Airacobra RE 01050 Hannover CL.IIIa RE 01073 Grumman Widgeon/Gosling RE 01076 RE.8 RE 01078 Albatros D.V RE 01080 Bristol F.2B RE 02002 Supermarine Walrus Mk II RE 02005 Red Arrows Hawk RE 02013 Ilyushin Il-2M3 Stormovik RE 02017 Supermarine Spitfire PR Mk XIX RE (ex-MPM) 02029 Fairey Battle Mk I RE 02031 Curtiss SB2C Helldiver RE 02037 Focke Wulf Fw 189 RE 02044 BAC Strikemaster RE 02065 Supermarine Spitfire Mk IXc NT 02096 Hawker Hurricane Mk I 'Battle of Britain' RE 03072 H.S. Buccaneer S.2B/C/D/S Mk 50 RE 03073 BAe Hawk Mk 128/132 NT 03014 Blohm und Voss Bv 141B RE 03034 Peltyakov Pe-2 RE 03053 Focke Wulf Fw 189 RE (ex-Condor) 04036 Eurofighter EFA Typhoon RE 04048 Westland Sea King HAS Mk 5 & AEW Mk 2a NT 05003 Fokker F-27 Friendship RE 05038 English Electric Canberra B.(I)8 NT 05039 English Electric Canberra PR Mk 9 NT 05040 Focke Wulf Mistel (Ta 154* & Fw 190) RT (*ex-PM) 1:48 (IM) 10101 BAC Canberra B.2/B.20 RT 10104 BAC Canberra B-57B/RB-57E/RB-57G RT 10105 BAC TSR.2 [Limited Edition] NT 10106 DH Sea Vixen NT N/K Avro Vulcan B Mk 2 1:24 (IM) 25001 De Havilland Mosquito NF Mk II/FB Mk VI/NF Mk 30 NT

Hi there Enzo.

2009 for me will be a year of modelling Israeli venhicles. I have the Tamiya Cromwell and the Academy Merkava II nearly completed. Then it's on to some of my AFV Cclub Centurions in Israeli service = 1967, 1973 and 1982 with added armour and thermal sleeve gun barrel. I also have the Academy M-113 Fitter, Zelada and Vulcan to do. Plus I have a Shmra aand a Mutt with 106mm recoiless rifle. I also have the Academy M-51 Isherman and a couple of the AMT M-60 Blazer kits to build. As I'm working on those I'll also be assembling some Israeli figures. I have Dragon's Paratroops and Academy's IDF Modern Infantry and Academy's IDF Tank Crew sets. I'll be looking for an interior for my recently acquired Italeri M-109 kit too. All these are 1/35 scale.

I hope to get a resin Merkava IV this year too. I wish it was available in styrene. It would be nice if there was an accurate styrene kit of the Merkava III too.

In betwen these kits I'll be modifying an M-48 and M-3 halftrack to Israeli service too.

Cheers from Peter

Reply to
JDorsett

Decided to get back into WW II 1/350 ships I started the Trumpeter San Francisco - CA 38 - 1944 fit on News Year's Eve. Initial thought was a cruiser would be an easier re-start than a BB or CV - but this has it's challenges like gun shields that are reversed and must be cut off of a plank detailed deck and replaced with brass. But so far it's going well. Next goal is the Trumpeter F4U-4 I started and never finished - Korean war markings.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Seeing that Vulcan in the 1:48 list got me excited for a second, but I'm sure I misunderstood. That N/K in place of a kit number must mean "No Kit". Meaning they definitely won't release a 1/48 Vulcan this year. Just so I won't get my hopes up.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Wagner

is that the same as a hard to find oop one from years ago? with a huge decal sheet...i had them....had to sell them when i was skint once (which is most of the time)...

dreading how much the trumpeter kit is gonna be, the 72nd are out of my price range (i unpacked my kits yesterday, and i must have at least 50 Lightning kits) but the old ones, mbox, airfix, frog, hase etc etc. inc mpc boxes ones

Reply to
Jules

Reply to
JDorsett

Actually build a kit (sigh)...what an interesting idea ;-o My usual MO is to buy a model, open it, maybe even caress the pieces a little... then pack it into a large plastic container in the laundry room. Living in a 2 bedroom apartment with my wife, daughter, grand-daughter, 4 dogs and a cat doesn't leave much space for building. Hell, my x-actos are in hiding till the 4 year old grows up some. Someday that 1/48 Bone and C130 (oh, and please Airfix, an Avro Vulcan) will get dragged out and cobbled together into shapes resembling aircraft. At which point my wife will demand a bigger house.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Wagner