Trumpeter 1/32 F4U-1D Cockpit

I saw Black Box came out with a new cockpit (or rerelease) #32011. I didn't find this on the black box web site, however.

Anyone know about aftermarket kits in the works? Or have you tried old aftermarket cockpits for the Revell kit in the Trumpeter one?

Thinking about a project for January. :)

Worr, out

Reply to
Bernie Worral

Black Box and Verlinden have 1/32 Corsair cockpits out that should also work in the Trumpeter kit. I also have a Birdcage conversion set in

1/32 that I got from somewhere...Rutman?..I don't remember.

Waldron also has a set of cockpit placards out for the Corsair, and a set of their standard seat belt buckles would also be useful.

Upon comparing it looks like the Eduard etch I have for the Revell kit would also work (but I think I'll wait for Eduard to release a kit-specific set) and a set of their pre-painted WWII eched seat belts would certainly be a plus-up.

A vac F4U-1A/D canopy is available from Squadron for the Revell kit, but it should also work on the Trumpeter I'd think.

Reply to
Rufus

Nevermind...the 32011 is for the Trumpter. 3201 is for the Revel. This is the new kit from black box!

Worr, out

Reply to
Bernie Worral

Just a note, the "new" BB pit of the Trumpeter Corsair is basically a repop of the one for the Revell kit with some of the parts tweaked to fit the Trumpeter fuselage.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Thanks Dave.

Yes, I figured it was nothing major. But still good to know it is tooled for the trumpeter kit!

I just ordered mine. :)

Worr, out

Reply to
Bernie Worral

Black Box cockpit is superb and can be seen here:

Regards,

Iain

32SIG
Iain Ogilvie

Thanks, Iain.

Looks like that is #3201

#32011 is for the new Trumpeter kit....though I'm certain just as lovely!

Worr, out

Reply to
Bernie Worral

Indded - but I'm sure it will be more, or less, identical to the earlier release - which, I'm told, fits the Trumpeter kit already! :o)

Regards,

Iain

32SIG
Iain Ogilvie