Hobbycraft 1/32 P-40B = Trumpeter?

I saw this one at my local Hobby Lobby yesterday. It was the Hobbycraft P-40B in 1/32nd scale. Is this the same as the Trumpeter kit? I suspect it is. OBTW, it was priced at $26.98 USD. Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Yes it is the Trumpeter kit. I love how HL prices their merchandise. Without a clue.

I have heard instances where the P-40 was priced anywhere from 19.99 all the way to its correct 44.99. I was in HL yesterday and they had the Hobbycraft (Trumpeter) F-105. Of course no price was on the box. I asked a girl for the price who in turn called a department head. This lady takes the box from me dissappears back into the model aisle. There were no other copies of this kit. She also had no price book! She comes back in short order with the proclaimation that it is 79.99. I was wondering and could have blasted her as to wanting to know where she came up with that number. I just kept silent and let her price it for me. I know this kit goes for 99.99. I can only guess she took the box into the aisle and saw the Revell Germany B-36 and B-1 in those big boxes marked 79.99. Since the 105 was in a big box it surely too must be 79.99. HL has no one to point the finger at when they misprice kits except themselves!

Reply to
M Bryant

They probably hire at minimum wage, and you know what you get when you pay peanuts?? Monkeys!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I know the Monkey business as I work in a Zoo with a bunch o monkeys! Only a very few of us are accountable for anything whilst the Monkey's continue to hack it up. Unfortunately the monkey's seem to always get great raises and reviews.

MMMMmmmmm more delicious Monkey!

Cheers, Max Bryant

Maybe they ought to give them a bunch of typewriters and see how long it is before they type a couple of words.

Reply to
M Bryant

Do they ride trikes and drink banana beer?

The Old Timer

How about that new 1/24th kit guys. that should be a dream come true!!! P-40 wonderland out there. ..*you will always have your time to shine, even in the winter of your darkest hour*...jeremy enigk

Reply to
Bill Hall

Ya know, I was about to ask the same question. At the HL I was at, they were marked $44.99, but then 'clearance' tagged down to $29.99. Still more than I can afford at this particular point in time, but I was curious as to just how 'good' a deal that was.

Reply to
Daniel

The box on the one I saw at the local HL wasn't taped closed, so I took a look inside and was pretty impressed. Definitely worth the $26.98 I saw it for, but like you, can't really afford it at this time, either. I find it especially worthy when I look at the price of your average 1/48th scale single-seat fighter kit coming out these days.