Williams Brothers products returning...

All,

The annual Austin Scale Modelers' Society annual show was held today, and there was an unexpected vendor present: Williams Brothers!

It seems that a sale of the company's assets has been completed, and the new incarnation on the company will be firing up soon. Test shots of a 1/48 Lockheed Sirius were on hand, and completing the mold will be an early priority.

The new company will be located in Taylor, Texas, in the Austin metro area.

James ____________________ James "buy my DVD" Duffy snipped-for-privacy@mac.com

jduffy

Good news!

Reply to
Al Superczynski

That's good news indeed. If the new owners keep up the production of existing kits and then do an occational new one. I especially like that WB did a lot of planes that could not be called mainstream or be expected to be the big sellers as the usual Spitfires and Bf 109's.

I for one wish the new owners good luck.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Seem like everyone is pretty positive on the Williams Bros. resurrection. Of course, we haven't heard from the Monkey on this issue yet! :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Yes, he told me that he would begin production in a few weeks. And even though his C-46 demo did not survive the trip to the show....the C-46 *is* returning!

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Look forward to some 1/48th scale kits from them. Built the C-46 (gone) and the B-10 in NEIAF colors (Yes, a Williams Brothers B-10 kit was actually finished!!!), haven't started any of the P-35s (I got 3 of them for a really good price) or the F9C.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

At our Austin Show yesterday, a vendor had the Sparrowhawk for $6.00. I almost bought it, even though it is nowhere near my scale interest...lol.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

I hope they will continue the engine line. They are almost the only injection molded large scale engines I am aware of other than a few old jets from other firms. I've built the Wasp Jr. and LeRhone. I still have to do the Wright. I'd like to see them ADD to this line. The line cries out for a couple of air-cooled additions, like Allison V-1710 and Rolls Merlin.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Can anyone say Centaurus??

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Any word on pricing?I'd assume the cost of purchasing the molds will be passed on,but will it reach the stratosphere? I'd like to replace the C-46 I never finished,and the B-10 (that I did finish!) so long ago. Not a Williams Bros kit but would the AMT 1/25 Allison count as big enough?

Reply to
eyeball

Weren't these engine kits orginally designed for R/C kits? I'd like to see some more done as well.

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Rob Gr>

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Actually, I am looking for one of those for an unlimited hydro model. But no, for good display model itself the Allison should be about 1/8 scale- 1/12 scale would still do. But 1/25 by itself is pretty tiny as a seperate subject. Several car engines out in large scale now, Ford and Chevy V-8s. Would like more aircraft engines.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

There are two types of engine kits. One type is just the cylinder kits, and those are for adding to airplane models. But the full engine kits are highly detailed, including crankcase and rear accessories, and come with a display mount. I mount the kit mount to varnished wood.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

t\

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Al Superczynski at snipped-for-privacy@deadspam.com wrote on 4/30/05 11:26 PM: