Williams Trains

I'd be interested and grateful if anyone who has experience with Williams trains could give their opinions on the products.

I was looking at perhaps getting a Blue Comet set from Williams. But their online catalog is confusing and the images are limited. For instance they have the pricier HUD133 CNJ Hudson Blue Comet, and also an O-27 CNJ Hudson (but no reference to the Blue Comet in the description.)

I was wondering if either version has "The Blue Comet" signboard over the front light like the classic Blue Comets from Lionel and MTH do. I don't know why, but that sign kind of defines the engine for me.

The catalog also only shows one of the passenger cars (in the four car set). It has the text "The Blue Comet" in large letters running along above the windows. But do the other cars have the names of comets such as Halley, Westphal, Tempel, etc? That is another thing that defines a Blue Comet set for me.

I sent a question to Williams about this, but I haven't yet received a response.

What about the quality of Williams in general? Are they good runners, are the sounds good, are they durable, etc?

Reply to
Spender

There is a lot written about Williams excellent quality here(& many places):

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1