Gates Brothers Rocketry

Anyone know what happened to the Gates Brothers? I noticed their website was "temporarily unavailable" ... just wondered what was up.

Reply to
Tim Wilson

It's likely a volume thing -- they're on a provider that limits their monthly bandwidth, and their site sees a lot of traffic.

Try again over the next few days, and if it's still down, it should reappear on the 1st.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I wonder what happened to the Gates Brothers and rocketry period?

They have not attended any major national launch since 2002. They were at both LDRS and BALLS in 2002, but I don't think they have made an appearance since then except maybe at NSL in Arizona.

I wonder if they went too far, too fast and just burned out? They were pumping out rockets left and right for a while.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Gates got theirs. They fly exactly as many rockets as they want, and when and where.

The businesses they had showed I am not an anomoly.

Jerry

They got burned out on associations working in direct legal conflict/opposite with vendors.

As did I.

P.S. I told you so.

Jerry

They were

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Erik was at BALLS this year, he helped Wedge with the Black Brant.

-Rob Baz>

Reply to
Rob Bazinet

I guess I missed him then. I was thinking more of them flying something at one of these launches which they haven't done in a while.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

If you've seen the SATURN project website, you'll know they're planning one hell of a 'comeback'. Their site was pretty much what got me into rocketry, but there were still quite a few big things they launched since I first found it that have never found it onto the site.

You can find the Saturn project at

specifically).

Not just their project, but they're certainly active still.

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Oh, did they get a big fine from the DOT too?

You're not an anomoly, you're just a jerk.

Prove it.

No one cares.

Reply to
raydunakin

They're still around; I've seen periodic info from one or both. They're just a bit more low-key than before.

Considering the age of their kids, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that family committments are consuming more of their time than in the past.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Dirk is heavily involved in a start-up and is consuming 10-14 hrs a day 7 days a week.

We are working with ROC on the 1/10 scale Saturn 1B and hope to have it ready for Balls this year. Our next build is tomorrow, Saturday the 29th. Anyone in the aera is welcome to come out and particapate in the construction of the Saturn. It has been an interesting project with the size and weight of building a 2-stage 22' tall 26" dia rocket! Should be spectacular one way or another!

The site is down well Dirk changes servers and readies for the launch of his new product. Should be up in the next month or so...

Erik Gates

Reply to
Erik Gates

Not to seem dense, but where is "the area"? I'm in southern California, but don't know where you folks are.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Thousand Oaks, Ventura/Los Angeles County line. You can contact me at : snipped-for-privacy@gbrocketry.com or 805-402-2916 for more info.

Erik Gates

Reply to
Erik Gates

You know Eric, as close as you are to El Mirage, you and your brother should come on out to El Mirage in May and participate in my High School launch. We have over 130 kids and all of their projects...some good, some great and some, well, not so good:) Consider this an invite. If you guys have your website up and running by early May, I could direct the kids to your site for info/supplies.

Reply to
Reece Talley