Re: Erik Gates For Tripoli BOD

You just lost my vote.

Anyone wanting to run for TRA BOD should understand that there's a very good reason that TRA business needs to be kept as far away from RMR as possible! (well, two reasons, three if Izzy is still around!)

Also, it's not a good thing to include an attachment when posting to RMR. That's what ABMR is for.

TRA #8539

Level 3

Time has come to start campaigning for the Tripoli BOD. I have included my > resume below. > > ERIK GATES > > TRA # 8273 > > Level 3 > > > >
Reply to
AZ Woody

Has Erik been around long enough to know some of these people to which you refer?

Reply to
Tweak

I am not quite sure why I have lost your vote. The resumes will be posted on the TRA website for all to view, not just TRA members. Did not mean to offend anyone.

Plus or minus 3000 TRA members, and only 500 or so on the TRA chat. I just wanted to get my name out and get the votes. Not quite sure what or who is so bad here? Quite off topic rants more than not....

Erik Gates

2006 Tripoli BOD candidate

Reply to
Erik Gates

I'm trying to figure it out, myself, Erik.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

What 3 BOD members terms are up, and who is running?

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Here we go.

Reply to
Tweak

Izzy ( Jerry Irvine ) is still lurking here ... just don't post a muslim cartoon rocket picture if you know whats good for you!

Reply to
lunarlos

Erik,

Don't waste any time wondering or worrying about it, none of the people on this list with any common sense were offended.

More then likely with the low voter turnout in both the NAR and TRA elections, he probably didn't vote anyway so actually you didn't lose a thing. There are a few folks on this list that would complain if they won the lottery but still had to go and pick up the check themselves.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Grippo

Eric,

I for one was glad to see your name listed as a canidate for this years's TRA slate of election canidates. A strong functional leadership at the helm of both NAR and TRA, and the collegate competition that results, will only help to ensure that the rocketry community will have the best possible representation and services provided to them.

Any time I've met you, Dirk, and the GBR flight crew at a NAR or TRA launch, the teamwork has been noteworthy, skill and quality demonstrated by the airframe construction impressive, the flights spectacular. TRA members should be thrilled that you have decided to run for the TRA BoD.

John Lyngdal NAR Trustee TRA 9257

Erik Gates wrote:

Reply to
Johnly

Don't sweat it.

Posting a resume here is no big deal. Discussing private sensitive information would be but that hasn't occurred. There are several super people running for the three spots and it is going to be very hard for me to pick three. Everyone running has a very impressive backgrounds.

Kurt Savegnago

Erik Gates wrote:

Reply to
Kurt

The photo came through fine here. It is rather shadowy with lots of deep blue sky, making it difficult to recognize the canditate(s). Is this a two fer one deal?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Which folder on the photos page did you put them in?

Or did you mean a.b.m.r. (the usenet news group)?

GAHHH! Ignore my message, I misunderstood your post.

Can someone please re-post the original message and attachment, preferably to both places?

"Stupid brain!" -Homer Simpson

Izzy was NOT Jerry.

he may have been a follower, but it was not jerry.

Reply to
Cranny Dane

He was Cato's puppet.

Reply to
Tweak

An interesting note on Izzy, his e-mail addy was from this address:

which for 2 years has been under constructuion, and the phone number no longer works. Whoever Izzy was, went to alot of trouble to set up what appeared to be a legitamate company to own or be employed by. Kinda strange?

Erik

Reply to
Erik Gates

Don't know, don't care.

I would strongly recommend letting the past lie, as no good will come from "digging up bones". Look to the future.

Good luck on your candidacy.

Reply to
Tweak

Hey, Bob? There's this neat thing called a website. Same as last year and the year before that, the information as to who was elected when is on the website. Still.

Information on who's running will be there in the near future. In the meantime, going from memory, the list is:

Dick Embry Pat Gordzelik Erik Gates Bob Schoner Chuck Rogers Debra Koloms Art Applewhite

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Didn't he show up at some of your launches with his kids ?

Never did fly his own rockets.

Reply to
Cranny Dane