When are motors to be de-certified?

I notice that the DOT exemption E-10996 <http://hazmat.dot.gov/exemptions/E10996.pdf identifies Aerotechs address as Las Vegas, NV. It also identifies AMW/CPT as Daytona
Beach, FL.
Obviously, these are incorrect addresses and, according to TRA/NAR interpretation (based on the treatment of Jerry) they are not valid for use in shipping/certifying motors.
So, when are their motors going to be de-certified?
Bob
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Have you contacted Aerotech directly and asked for a copy of their DOT paperwork? Have you called the DOT to see if what is on the website is really the latest paperwork they have?
Goverment certainly is not the swiftest when it comes to updating paperwork and such. The ATF web site still has documents that list the old requirements for getting an explosives permit.
Brian Elfert

It's on their website and it is current.

Don't have to. Their dealers must have access to the most recent paperwork (Hence why Fred Wallace does not need mine) so it is on the website. I notiiced that Gary is diligent enough to get new stuff up in under 2 weeks. Give him credit where credit is due at least. Nobody is claiming (or should) he is shipping illegally. People are complaining that TRA is falsely claiming others are shipping illegally or do not qualify for certs because of adddress discrepencies, that are normal and customary for DOT paperwork which is often mailed to a HQ address while work is performed at a shop address, sometimes in a different state or country.
TRA is using this excuse to kill Jerry while tolerating it for AMW and AT openly and ultra hypoctitically.
DOT papers are "ON ITS FACE" documents as evidenced by the need for different legs of the shipping process to refer to a conclusive authoritative document without calling DOT every 5 minutes.
You know. Like TRA does!
And Fred Wallace wants to do.
Jerry

If your paperwork is correct, legal and not forged, etc, what are you worried about?? Oh, all of the above apply; silly me I forgot(;-)....
Fred
Jerry Irvine wrote:

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 23:14:33 -0500, "W. E. Fred Wallace"

I see you are now ready to apply the same rules to AT and AMW. Good for you.
Bob
With AT, AMW, and the other manufactures on the TRA and NAR certified motor listings, there are "no" legal issues, either DOT or ATF. If you know of any current issues, spit it out, we are all ears....
Fred
baDBob wrote:

Your criteria for legal is if they are on a "TRA" list or not? These are non-profit organizations run by morons, not government agencies (with guns and jails).

BS Jerry, you know better; I could care less what is on the TRA cert list unless launching at a TRA launch. If you were legal, I know of at least one independent group that would welcome your motors. But what is Jerry doing? Wa-Wa-Wa, everyone is out to get me. etc, etc.
Fred
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Exactly so.

~ Duane Phillips.
What do we need the ATFE for? We seem to have many rocketeers willing to destroy their OWN hobby...
-- David

How do you interpret this as willing to destroy my own hobby? Because I am asking for consistancy?
I didn't pick up the phone and call BATFE. Unlike some organizations might be willing to call DOT of BATFE. I don't hear you complaining about their actions.
Bob

He was obviously referring to TRA and NAR :)

Exactly.
If you were paying attention you would have noticed that Aerotech operated out of two locations in Las Vegas. Have they closed the location that didn't burn down? Is Aerotech Inc. still incorporated in Nevada?
Just because their motor manufacturing is in Utah does not mean that the corporation has moved.
baDBob wrote:

--
David W. Schultz

Yes. I was told by an Aerotech person in email.

There may be two now orthey may have changed "residencies". I have not checked. But old Aerotech certainly exists if for no other reason than to hold the assets, sue Clark county and to deal with the pending post accident BS.

Aerotech has rented office space across the street from the motor making facility for kit assembly and other activities. I don't think they have any presence in Nevada. They may still be incorporated there.
Brian Elfert
POINT!
- iz
baDBob wrote:

Jerry told you so.

Bob, You should not be throwing around accusations if you don't know the facts. The info you cited may be out of date like Brian said. Perhaps you should do some more research.
<rant mode on> I'm sick and tired of all this useless posting. The Irvine cheerleading section with it's piss-poor attitude is probably driving away as many newbies from the hobby as the Save Rocketry Now campaign brought in. Jerry, you really need counseling or Prozac or something. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insanity. Do you really think that whining about some 10 year old crap matters? Here's a news flash for you: NO ONE CARES!! Get over it already! I used to look forward to reading good rocketry content on RMR, but there's not much to be found anymore.
Anymore here on RMR it's the Jerry and Izzy show featuring THEIR favorite topics:
The NAR sucks The TRA sucks NAR is corrupt TRA is corrupt Mark Budnick is stupid or whatever Brucie is a crook Motor certs are fraud Tripoli screwed me Tripoli ruined my business Tripoli is out to get me Tripoli ruined my life JERRY TOLD YOU SO JERRY TOLD YOU SO JERRY TOLD YOU SO JERRY TOLD YOU SO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Your collective efforts are doing more to hurt our hobby than anything else. Try shutting yer pie-holes for once.
<rant mode off>
I think it's high time for a good glue thread. -- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

This rant in various forms has pervaded rmr the entire time it has existed over one person or another and over one issue or another. It seems to be a limitation of usenet and truly totally free speech.

Yep.
Jerry