When are motors to be de-certified?

I notice that the DOT exemption E-10996 identifies Aerotechs address as Las Vegas, NV. It also identifies AMW/CPT as Daytona Beach, FL.

Obviously, these are incorrect addresses and, according to TRA/NAR interpretation (based on the treatment of Jerry) they are not valid for use in shipping/certifying motors.

So, when are their motors going to be de-certified?

Bob

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Reply to
baDBob

Have you contacted Aerotech directly and asked for a copy of their DOT paperwork? Have you called the DOT to see if what is on the website is really the latest paperwork they have?

Goverment certainly is not the swiftest when it comes to updating paperwork and such. The ATF web site still has documents that list the old requirements for getting an explosives permit.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

What do we need the ATFE for? We seem to have many rocketeers willing to destroy their OWN hobby...

Reply to
David

If you were paying attention you would have noticed that Aerotech operated out of two locations in Las Vegas. Have they closed the location that didn't burn down? Is Aerotech Inc. still incorporated in Nevada?

Just because their motor manufacturing is in Utah does not mean that the corporation has moved.

baDBob wrote:

Reply to
David Schultz

POINT!

- iz

baDBob wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

How do you interpret this as willing to destroy my own hobby? Because I am asking for consistancy?

I didn't pick up the phone and call BATFE. Unlike some organizations might be willing to call DOT of BATFE. I don't hear you complaining about their actions.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

Jerry told you so.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes. I was told by an Aerotech person in email.

There may be two now orthey may have changed "residencies". I have not checked. But old Aerotech certainly exists if for no other reason than to hold the assets, sue Clark county and to deal with the pending post accident BS.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Exactly.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

He was obviously referring to TRA and NAR :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It's on their website and it is current.

Don't have to. Their dealers must have access to the most recent paperwork (Hence why Fred Wallace does not need mine) so it is on the website. I notiiced that Gary is diligent enough to get new stuff up in under 2 weeks. Give him credit where credit is due at least. Nobody is claiming (or should) he is shipping illegally. People are complaining that TRA is falsely claiming others are shipping illegally or do not qualify for certs because of adddress discrepencies, that are normal and customary for DOT paperwork which is often mailed to a HQ address while work is performed at a shop address, sometimes in a different state or country.

TRA is using this excuse to kill Jerry while tolerating it for AMW and AT openly and ultra hypoctitically.

DOT papers are "ON ITS FACE" documents as evidenced by the need for different legs of the shipping process to refer to a conclusive authoritative document without calling DOT every 5 minutes.

You know. Like TRA does!

And Fred Wallace wants to do.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Bob, You should not be throwing around accusations if you don't know the facts. The info you cited may be out of date like Brian said. Perhaps you should do some more research.

I'm sick and tired of all this useless posting. The Irvine cheerleading section with it's piss-poor attitude is probably driving away as many newbies from the hobby as the Save Rocketry Now campaign brought in. Jerry, you really need counseling or Prozac or something. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insanity. Do you really think that whining about some 10 year old crap matters? Here's a news flash for you: NO ONE CARES!! Get over it already! I used to look forward to reading good rocketry content on RMR, but there's not much to be found anymore.

Anymore here on RMR it's the Jerry and Izzy show featuring THEIR favorite topics:

The NAR sucks The TRA sucks NAR is corrupt TRA is corrupt Mark Budnick is stupid or whatever Brucie is a crook Motor certs are fraud Tripoli screwed me Tripoli ruined my business Tripoli is out to get me Tripoli ruined my life JERRY TOLD YOU SO JERRY TOLD YOU SO JERRY TOLD YOU SO JERRY TOLD YOU SO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Your collective efforts are doing more to hurt our hobby than anything else. Try shutting yer pie-holes for once.

I think it's high time for a good glue thread.

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Great Bob. Thanks for helping to screw all of us... :-(

Steve

Reply to
FlyEmFast

If your paperwork is correct, legal and not forged, etc, what are you worried about?? Oh, all of the above apply; silly me I forgot(;-)....

Fred

Jerry Irv> Don't have to. Their dealers must have access to the most recent

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Aerotech has rented office space across the street from the motor making facility for kit assembly and other activities. I don't think they have any presence in Nevada. They may still be incorporated there.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Hey, I see all this talk about Jerry not being able to use his legally obtained DOT exemption because it's not in his name or not his address. If he can't have certified motors because of that, then no one should be able to if their paperwork is not 100%.

That only fair and consistant treatment.

Or are some people more equal than others?

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

I see you are now ready to apply the same rules to AT and AMW. Good for you.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

So you're not denying that TRA is cutting Aerotech a lot of slack over pretty much the same sort of issues that have been used to justify excluding Jerry? (If that's not the case, why would insisting on "strict interpretation" be viewed as tending to "screw all of us"?)

For the record, I don't think Aerotech motors _should_ be decertified... they need all the leeway they can get at the moment. I just think Jerry should maybe be given a little bit of the same sort of accomodation...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

This rant in various forms has pervaded rmr the entire time it has existed over one person or another and over one issue or another. It seems to be a limitation of usenet and truly totally free speech.

Yep.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine