When are motors to be de-certified?

Reply to
almax

Ok, I found it , thanks IZ

Reply to
almax

POINT. One that keeps getting people confused.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

before the internet, we had bar room drinks at HPR launches to spread the communications. but those were so far and few between. now we can get instant gratification.

almax

Your analogy fails with respect to how it affects the general public. Bob and his wife hashing it out doesn't usually affect everyone in the USA.

TRA on the otherhand, has voice in several places public, and as such will be scrutinized.

Not only that, if Bob beats his wife or vice versa, it becomes a public issue _very_fast_.

So your analogy fails... twice. This is more than a minor disagreement. This is a demand for change, for the betterment of the hobby as a whole... bedroom antics notwithstanding...

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

It's a personal offer from the President of the association. And that carries significantly more merit that if you or I made the same offer, does it not. Of course it does, because if you or I had said that, it would not have even merited discussion in this forum.

Tell you what: Why don't you and a few buddies (of the ability to accomplish it) get together and seriously the forceful takeover of Air Force One then let it leak out to the general public. And when the FBI and Secret service are busy interrogating you for the 80th straight hour, be sure to tell them that "It may have been debated, but [the plane] _was_ [allowed to land], wasn't it".

Conspiracy to commit foul deeds does not become inconsequential simply because you decided against the action under debate. Conspiracy to commit foul deeds shows an underlying bad character on the part of the conspirators.

PhilipD.

P.S. If this message has triggered any keyword scanners, don't waste your time coming to visit Ray or I. Ray had nothing to do with my response, and I won't vote Republican next November if I have to play

20 questions this close to Christmas.
Reply to
Philip D.

Small issue my butt. Knowlingly aiding a person in the comission of fraud is a crime. Just the same as if I collected money for a charity that I knew had no intention of putting the money where they and I had represented it to be spent.

TRA allowed HPR magazine to defraud it's members and even actively facilitated the abuse by processing the CC payments of subscribers on behalf of HPR so as to make it easier for HPR/Bruce to obtain our money.

There is no bigger issue than honesty and integrity. And the TRA BOD has never shown a propensity for either.

Philip

Reply to
Philip D.

Yea, give us your real name so we can go ahead and get you off the TRA listserv!!

you anyway????

Reply to
Philip D.

EX

Point!

Here, here!!

The echo of Vern rule.

Estes alone is safe. Divide and conquer.

"That sucks!!!"

- Jwerry Irvine

Not even against the current form! Against the grossly unfair addition of rules not even in the book! (ATF LEMP) I am even willing to have DOT TESTED exempt propellant classified as an EXPLOSIVE by DOT (by analogy or by exemption, rather than test to INCREASE its hazard class) to bypass the rule that says exempt propellants are barred! That's commitment! It adds a $20 hazmat fee to every single order unnnecessarily, but at least it is a compromise to TRA/NAR wackyworld rules. Also means I have to be trained, registered, have specially certified boxes at $5-85 each, have 3 extra annual inspections, but hey, the rules are the rules, right?

99% of what is hurting us is INTERNAL not external.

You can quote me on that.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If someone will check the archives, Bunny and I had this dicsussion about three years ago. I was told that independent cert was not a good idea, and that if I wanted it discussed at a meeting, I would have get myself added to the next meeting agenda and to come to Denver to present the idea (at my own expense). Along with that suggestions were several comments that (successfully) convinced me that the trip would be a complete and total wast of my time unless I found personal gratification in being ignored.

Philip

Reply to
Philip D.

But it made people happy and friendly instead of attacking and brainless.

Buying someone a drink makes them your freind for life :)

Bruce doesn't drink.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Pointof reference.

Since DOT has become abusive I figgered yet another BOE test would be a waste of time. So I had an internationally recognized testing firm do the tests that cannot be influenced by DOT politics and which DOT is ironically forced to accept by treaty. (Evil Jerry again).

So guess what?

Flamable Solid burn rate tests based on this document:

SUBSTANCE Test results:

Propellant name Burning rate Hazard class Firestarter 1.22 mm/s Unregulated Whitestar 2.14 mm/s Unregulated Standard 2.92 mm/s 4.1 Flammable Solid Fast 3.08 mm/s 4.1 Flammable Solid Buttkicker 3.75 mm/s 4.1 Flammable Solid

One of the advantages of adequate FUNDS ($1000 REFUND FROM NAR FOR TEST FEES AS COMPARED TO AEROTECH BEING $50 SHORT)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Like me?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

a very correct statement.

gratification.

Reply to
almax

No one's telling him that. They're just saying he needs to do what all the other manufacturers have done. If he has problems with the DOT, he needs to work it out with them, not blame TRA/NAR.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Tripoli is.

WITH EX numbers WITH LEMP WITH CSFM WITH 11 of the 9 items.

TRA says I have problems with DOT not, DOT says I have problems with DOT. Even Fred Wallace regognizes the validity of the Competent Authority document.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It isn't a matter of how Fred sees them or Jerry sees them. It's a matter of how DOT sees them, and apparently they do not share Jerry's view.

Reply to
RayDunakin

That's pure bullshit.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You almost got it right.

If Jerry has a problem with the DOT, he needs to work it out with them because it is none of TRA/NAR's business.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

It isn't a matter of how TRA or NAR sees them. It's a matter of how DOT sees them.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob