When are motors to be de-certified?

You may be right, but the sleeping giant would of awakened sooner or latter.

Fred

Duane Phillips wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

And speaking of the Bob and Fred show with opposing hazmat views, how did you get trained that Flammable Solids approvals are issued in the first place? By default? By test? By fiat? By magic? By tradition handed down from the cavemen of hazmat?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

THAT is your excuse to personally do it today?

Moron detector!!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Surprise Jerry, I agree with that statement, 100%. So, if you can legally provide for all three, what is stopping you from shipping????

Fred

Jerry Irv>

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Jerry, You can have all the independent testing you want done, but if DOT fails to agree with the test results, it's back to the drawing board. BTW, I think the 1.3 an1.4 classification sucks to, but that gives me no legal right to tell them to screw off and violate the law by action.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Well da, the Ex issue must be resolve before shipping.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

You know what sucks? Twy two sayw the fowowing meshage free thimez phasht:

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

This thread is long, but getting very useful...

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

It is a matter of how TRA sees them. Trying to redirect and dismiss will not accomplish anything.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

If I was inspecting incoming packages, you are correct. Even if I was TRA TMT, I would inspect the package. However, unless it was some agregious error, I would arrange for contact of the vendor and explain the error and allow them to come and repackage, with my inspectors (thereby providing the vendor with some instruction), before forwarding into the supply chain on site.

I would only contact DOT for the agregious error. I have no reason to purposely "sic the dogs" on anyone.

Unless TRA/NAR are providing inspections of every package, then what is their purpose of withholding cert for DOT issues? Their are provisions for hazmat shipping of items for test purposes, both for classification and "special testing."

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

Thanks to the intelligent personalities involved for the most part, this thread has not degraded into 100% namecalling like in ALL times past.

I guess having objective evidence and even a minority of 100% convinced people that TRA is the problem helps alot. Merely because IT IS.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Nothing. Just NEVER to anybody even remotely related to TRA or NAR since the "culture" is to instantly start an investigation upon arrival, rather than to trust the 4 inspectors that looked at the package before it arrived into your "superior expertise" with "a public duty to inform on the most minor of detail or even suspicion of detail" hands.

Jerry '

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That would be a good start.

Do the same thing everyone else that sells motors has done. Get the silly ex numbers and then get the motors certified.

George Gassaway has stated over and over and over (ad nauseum) what you need to cert the motors with the NAR. Throwing mud at George doesn't help your cause or get your motors certed with some bogus ex number.

Here is an idea for you: If you think the cost for the ex numbers is too high, sue the DOT for restraint of trade as the ex numbers serve as a significant barrier to entry in the small market for hobby rocket motors. Think about it.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

I did.

I tried repeatedly and I was refused.

Nobody should use a "bogus" EX number. Only non-bogus ones.

How can the cost be too high if I have 50 of them in stock now?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I agree, that is how the process normally works.

Once again, I agree, that is the normal/reasonable process.

Jerry's inability to provide the basic DOT classification paperwork, in his name, is the problem. NAR and TRA are certification entities, not DOT testing entities. In this case, if I understand what you are saying, the use of temporary provisions for hazmat shipping, is for getting the items to a UN testing facility for testing. In any case, it appears Jerry can not, for whatever reason, get DOT to recognize his business and the paperwork he claims to own, as his without him starting the testing process again, in his name.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

You have 50 valid EX numbers?

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Now see, this strikes me as the same old line of FUD... if he outsourced the motors, shouldn't the classification be in the name of the original propellant manufacturer (i.e., ACS), which it _is_?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Bruce Kelly personally offered to refund my dues from his own pocket if I would leave Tripoli

Reply to
GCGassaway

BA, TBA, Eiswein, and similar stuff.

Bob Kaplow