When are motors to be de-certified?

Jerry, You have no credability to challenge anyone. Wa-Wa-Wa....

Fred

Jerry Irv> >

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

But NOT ONCE have YOU checked the DOT site and made a single link or quotation from it supporting even a single claim of yours. Never. Show me (and us).

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That is intellectually impressive as a retort.

Not.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

repost

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Show me. Cite the basis, in detail, for your assertions that Jerry's motors are "illegal".

(I don't think I am a dupe, but your postings thus far on this matter do not give me very much reason to care whether you share that opinion.)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Speaking strictly for myself, not Iz nor anyone else:

I post regularly to ROL, a local rocketry mailing list, and just recently occasionally here to RMR. I am a TRA member but I am not on the TRA discussion list.

Why?

Because I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to keep separate track of what I say on that list and elsewhere. And as others here on RMR will attest, TRA list members who post stuff from that list elsewhere get hit with a bunch of "bad dog" points and whacked on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper. Tripoli seems to be under the impression that the TRA list is somehow a secure list--well, secure from John Q. Public but hardly secure from the prying eyes of BATF, any intelligence agency or even minimally competent hackers.

If I have something to say about rocketry, I say it on these very public forums. It can be argued that internal TRA business should be private. But TRA's policies and actions affect all of rocketry and because of that its actions need to be discussed in public forums. Those members who wish to discuss TRA matters privately certainly have every right to do so. But Tripoli has set itself up as a kind of AHJ--and AHJ's must be subject to *public* scrutiny.

I would not disclose information I obtained from an executive session of the BoD or from any current committee membership. But I'm not in on any executive BoD meetings--and very likely never will be!--and my service on the original TRA future directions committee left me with no information that could possibly be considered confidential now. Thus, I can discuss issues freely without constant fear of the rolled-up newspaper, knowing that I'm not leaking any information and without having to maintain a level of mental compartmentalization that I'm simply no good at.

And I do engage in some self-censorship of information I consider to be best left off public forums read by opressive bureaucrats and terrorists...

+McG+

(America: made in China)

Reply to
Kenneth C. McGoffin

Darren quoted:

CA rules! All hail CA, King of Glues! :)

Reply to
RayDunakin

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Ok, your not on the list, Iz is and sometimes posts. If I have a problem with TRA, I make sure it makes the TRA list, because I know all the BOD members read the list, even if they don't post or respond. IMO, Iz needs to exercise balls in that venue...(;-)

Fred

"Kenneth C. McGoff> > Hey big guy, why not post you statement to the TRA list?? You are a member...

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

BS Jerry, you know better; I could care less what is on the TRA cert list unless launching at a TRA launch. If you were legal, I know of at least one independent group that would welcome your motors. But what is Jerry doing? Wa-Wa-Wa, everyone is out to get me. etc, etc.

Fred

Jerry Irv> Your criteria for legal is if they are on a "TRA" list or not?

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

my presence on the list is delicate, as is my membership in TRA

the energetic discourse that would be required would result in my immediate removal from one or both

rest assured that the BoD is kept informed of my positions

- iz

W. E. Fred Wallace wrote:

TRA, I make sure

if they don't post

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

DUPED???? SUPPORTER???? Excuse me!!!!

I fly independant. I make some of my own motors. Does that make me duped?

I have donated to the TRA/NAR legal fund. I thought it was the right thing to do. Is this where I got duped?

I wrote to my congress-persons to make hobby rocketry free. I thought it was the right thing to do. Is this where I got duped? Shoot, I even suggested, here, doing that in support of the lawsuit. When the concensus here was that I shouldn't, I didn't. (Still think I should've).

I support equal treatment under the laws and rules. I have researched the rules for myself. I have read the DOT regs, the BATFE regs, I have obtained copies of the NFPA (can't think of what to call them except garbage) the DOD rules, the test requirements, etc.

I have never met Jerry. I have never bought anything from Jerry, but that doesn't mean I won't. I admit that I have corresponded with him a few times, but not on this subject. I was interested in his critique of a manufacturing idea.

He may be emotional and reactive about this subject, but under the circumstances, based on what I know of the rules and the stories I have seen here (even if only half of them are true), I don't blame him.

The more I see and hear of the national orgs, the more their actions look an awful lot like the pigs on animal farm. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

I know what the laws say. Do you? I know where to find the laws that apply. Do you? I know where TRA and NAR are being inconsistant. Do you?

This is a debate. An open debate is a healthy thing. Claims made on the two sides are expected to have cites and/or examples to backup the claims. It's time to put-up or shut-up.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

if they don't post

You want Iz to have balls and post on the listserv, but you lack them to backup your claims here. Typical.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

Try saying that when you've glued your lips together.

Yes, I really did, last night. I got some on my finger and a managed to transfer it to my lip, then the other lip...

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Iz, don't give me that crap, I have posted to the TRA list, quite energetically on the TRA rag-mag and a few other issues. Not one TRA BOD member has threatened my removal from either the list or TRA, at least that I'm aware of.

Fred

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

At least I don't hide behind a screan name. Talk about lack of BALLS. Who are you anyway????

Fred

baDBob wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

At least I don't hide behind a screan name. Talk about lack of BALLS. Who are you anyway????

Fred

baDBob wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

All of these "take it to the TRA list" messages make it sound like there's something to hide, some secret "not-for-outsiders" explanation that is being passed around internally.

Hardly a good advertisment for the Association...

-dave w

NAR 77643 current TRA 06575 expired

with TRA, I make sure

even if they don't post