ARSA info request for Izzy

Izzy,

I?ve had some problems locating some things on the ARSA website.

Where can I find the ARSA by-laws?

Where can I find any information as to when/where ARSA was officially created as regards public/state (or federal?) documentation or recognition?

Where can I find info on when the last ARSA election was held, and who ran?

Where can I find info on when the next ARSA election will be held?

Where can I find a list of who is on the ARSA board, which positions are held by what people, and how does the ARSA board operate if for some reason the ARSA by-laws website link didn?t load?

As ARSA communications facilitator, I?m sure you won?t mind answering these.

- George Gassaway

Reply to
GCGassaway

Troll- PURE and simple.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

would you care to explain the relevance? Other than a feeble attempt at what you intend as a defensive measure against TRA's own corrupt leadership and self-destructive acts? That seems a bit misguided to me.

- iz

GCGassaway wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

at least he used his own thread ;)

- is

Jerry Irv> Troll- PURE and simple.

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Agreed. Most definitely a troll post from a pro NAR/TRA guy. A club does not need a democratic government and all the shit that comes along with it to thrive.

Reply to
Stephen Corban

Seems pretty hypocritical to demand it of TRA and not ARSA. Not to mention the demands for "openness" and "public accountability".

Reply to
RayDunakin

Thanks for the info. You've told me everything I need to know.

...Fred

Reply to
Fred Taverni

Iz-

Why not just answer the questions and let the truth speak for itself?

...Fred

Reply to
Fred Taverni

Skunkworks (SR-71) was a "benevolent dictator" style of management. Same with the fest launches that grew this industry in the first place and gave rise to LMR and HPR and Aerotech and Ace Rockets and U.S. Rockets and Hypertek, and Rattworks and Black Sky and California Consumer Aeronautics and Rocket Dyne Sysyems, and California Rocketry Magazine and LDRS and Tripolitan (rocket version) and Tripoli Rocketry Association, Inc, and, and, and . . . .

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

ARSA is open. They just do not have a governing body similar to TRA.

Reply to
Stephen Corban

Izzy,

Since you seem to be in such a tizzy about TRA's structure and leadership, I was curious to see what the lay of the land was for the one you are the professed communications facilitator for.

Again I ask you to answer what are quite simple and basic questions.

What could possibly be lurking in the answers that you would be so afraid to answer them?

Please note that given your alleged reasons for posts on TRA, that you are not being open or forthcoming in answering even the most fundamental questions about ARSA. Of course I expect you could never see the hypocrisy of refusing to provide answers to such basic questions about ARSA while conducting your anti-TRA campaign.

Let me guess, if TRA refused to answer the same questions, you'd post those as reasons as to what you think is wrong about TRA.

Now, if you again refuse to answer the questions, readers of RMR can be left to assume that ARSA has no by-laws, has no elections scheduled, has no elected board now, is not a truly formally established organization, and that really ARSA is effectively run/controlled by one person.

Here?s your opportunity to clarify by answering my original message below. A lack of answering would tend to be a default confirmation of the above paragraph. After all, a communications facilitator would not want to leave such basic questions unanswered.

- George Gassaway

-------- repeat of previous message below

Izzy,

I?ve had some problems locating some things on the ARSA website.

Where can I find the ARSA by-laws?

Where can I find any information as to when/where ARSA was officially created as regards public/state (or federal?) documentation or recognition?

Where can I find info on when the last ARSA election was held, and who ran?

Where can I find info on when the next ARSA election will be held?

Where can I find a list of who is on the ARSA board, which positions are held by what people, and how does the ARSA board operate if for some reason the ARSA by-laws website link didn?t load?

As ARSA communications facilitator, I?m sure you won?t mind answering these.

- George Gassaway

Reply to
GCGassaway

TRA's structure is such that DOES NOT FUNCTION effectively

by it coming clean, the PROBLEMS can be addressed

your pathetic attempt at a diversionary tactic fools no one, Ray (and George)

fix TRA! you owe it to your membership!

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

they are not a requirement of ARSA's structure

and judging by TRA's example, their merit is questionable at best

- iz

Fred Taverni wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

no, just the entrenched corruption. You're welcome to have any structure you like

I am not interested in your curiosity. Fix your broken organization

I fail to see the revelance of ARSA structure to TRA's corruption and ineffectiveness as evidenced by its failure to retain members and acquire new ones, or even empower those who want to support positive change

Of course I expect you could never see the hypocrisy of refusing to

this is not an anti-TRA campaign, except in your mind. The corruption and ineffectiveness of TRA has already been established.

this is about what is possible for rocketry, and how it might be achieved - and inquiry open to everyone with a desire to contrribute their experience, knowledge and insights. (off-topic naysayers will be identified as such)

TRA is broken because of a few dishonest, self-serving, corrupt people in positions of leadership or influence. Believe it or not, as you will.

readers don't have to assume anything. ARSA does not have a non-profit structure, and what you refer to as its lack of formality does not impede its function, as will be increasing evident as time goes on.

do you try to manipulate your own family with these tactics?

After all, a communications facilitator would not want to leave such

whatever

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Point!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

They refuseto fix and love yet another excuse to divert. It is their actual hobby.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

George you remind me of an annoying kid I knew in the second grade.

Oh, BTW, when the NAR wants to annoy somebody they send George Gassaway. They already know how much he annoys them.

Jerry

Take a shower. Change your clothes once in a while George. And despite your trust fund, get a job.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes. What of that George, and Ray, what of that?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

As a curious rmr reader, I was interested in the answers that would be coming from George's post.

I am not a TRA member, nor do I play one on TV. I happen to be a NAR member, but that is moot, considering that I am not a board member.

However, I AM interested in knowing more about ARSA, and knowing whether it is a solid, reliable organzation that I can trust with my money and my time. Having seen the vitriol and misdirection posted here in response to George's inquiry (made without attacks or vitriol), I will not be taking any action to become a member of ARSA, nor support it's actions in any way.

Tom Ha NAR #76754 President, Central Pennsylvania Rocketeers Contest flyer for NARHAMS Member of SPAAR

Reply to
Tom Ha

what money? membership in ARSA is free! [ see

]

what time? your time is your own at launches, just as it is everywhere else. I (and others) spend OUR time researching, documenting and explaining regulations and relating actual events that are pertinent to the future of our hobby. OUR time, not yours. We save you time, by documenting the facts for you, complete with authoritative references to primary source materials (regulations, notices, verbatim texts of letters and speeches) so we are telling the truth. I don't know any other organization that does that.

That's ok ... no thanks are necessary. We do it because (1) we love what we do in rocketry and delight in others enjoyment of it; (2) are committed to preserving it for our chldren and yours, and Georges, and Rays; and (3) are patriotic enough to stand up to a corrupt bureaucracy that thinks nothing of eroding our rights.

while I respect your decision I would like to acknowledge that JW, ARSA amd its supporters (as well as other non-partisan rocketry enthusiasts) have been in the vanguard to preserve your right to fly rockets without oppressive government intervention.

I would also like to acknowledge that George can't be taken seriously, when his obvious agenda is to distract readers from the corruption, ineffectiveness, and breach of trust that is TRA (the people who used your money to salary a lobbyist to bring set your hobby practices back

20 years). "Model rocket motors" used in "recreational model rockets" will be there legacy, unless we can overcome their obstructionist dictates aimed at preserving their own existence (at the expense of everyone else) by undermining a future of unregulated rocketry.

BTW, I have answered Georges transparent attempt to distract readers from a positive exploration of what is possible for a rocketry organization whose mission is to effectively and faithfully support the concerns, rights and ambitions and rights of rocketeers who engage in a broad spectrum of rocketry practices. I had to process 200 messages, and I'm afraid that I put a higher priority on meaningful interactions (including researhing links, confirming regulatory information, and honoring peoples genuine participation) than responding to his childish prattle. Look at the time stamps on my posts ... how much sleep do you think I'm getting? And I should make his crap a priority?

Know that ARSA's organizational structure is not that of a non-profit, nor is it incorporated. As such the structure and processes George iterated are not requirements for its existence or operation. Furthermore, if TRA's having such a structure has any bearing on its past and current performance, I would be delighted to never see such a sructure considered.

ARSA accomplishes what it does, and offers what it does, because it is organized the way it is. It's leadership cannot be infiltrated so that corrupt individuals can entrench themselves to the detriment of the memberss.

I recommend you look at who JW is, what he does in life, how far what his love of and commitment to rocketry extends (as demonstrated by his actions), and withold judgement until you see ARSA in the faces of its members and the conduct of its rocketry activities.

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed