ARSA info request for Izzy

It's what George does.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Huh? FULLY supported by its leader?

So the efforts of others have no value to you? Too bad. Do not join by sending a simple email then. Do not participate by choosing to participate then. Good riddance.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Assume? It is a George Gasaway given.

Facts just annoy the Mercias, Gassaway and Dunakin types of this world.

Point.

It will take longer than the two decades so far.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It's funny. When less energy is spent on a full time campaign to manipulate, lie, cheat, steal or railroad, then there is more time and energy for contributions and results.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I think they're trying to corner the market on it!

Reply to
RayDunakin

Have you _ever_ stopped to consider how much more oppresive those regulations would have been without the efforts of TRA? BTW, where was Wickman?

I was there too, and you're full of it. The only delays were brief (and in a letter writing campaign, virtually undetectable) and were solely for the purpose of having the actions checked out by a professional to reduce the risk of endorsing something that could have negative repercussions. Only an idiot would object to that!

You're spinning it again. Just because someone doesn't see everything your way, or kowtow to Wickman's every command, doesn't mean they are in favor of regulation or opposed to reducing regulation.

I learned something too -- that being right and having the facts on your side isn't enough to get a bill passed in Congress or prevent the politicians from giving you something worse. Too bad you and and Wickman haven't yet figured this out.

Specifically?

He started one attempt that failed. In all the years I've been in rocketry, I've never heard of him doing anything prior to that to reduce or influence regulation. Then suddenly he comes along and decides he's going to be the White Knight Who Saves Rocketry, initiates a legislative effort against the judgement of professionals, refuses to cooperate with anyone, and then blames everyone else when it fails.

That's a legislative limitation that never would have existed if John Wickman had not initiated his poorly-timed bill.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Iz dodged:

Of course not! It would mean answer tough questions you'd rather avoid.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote in news:JWXyb.326744$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyc.rr.com:

Sorry, very few of us consider NFPA 1125 and 1127 "oppressive". They're mostly (note "mostly") good sense. The NFPA doesn't require us to get LEUPs, BATFE does.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Yep, plus (apparently) one dictator for life. But anyone who serves in another organization for more than two terms is "entrenched".

Reply to
RayDunakin

Iz replied:

Of course not. You might as well ask how many Democrats voted for George Bush in the Republican primaries.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Iz replied:

Ok, so basically ARSA is just a name, nothing more?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Nope, it's broken. No membership input, no way to get rid of the entrenched dictator, no real communications, overly secretive, and its main claim to fame is a failed Senate bill that resulted in the possibility of even more restrictions on rocketry. Yep, definitely a broken and corrupt organization! Fix it, Iz!

Reply to
RayDunakin

Not one single truthful statement. Amazing.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

An organization where members have no say in how it's run? Sounds broken and corrupt to me!

Fix it, Iz!

Reply to
RayDunakin

In a sense, yes. And a website with a published goal and people working toward that goal and populating the website with content and links and making press contacts and posting to forums. But "corporately" just a name would be a fair assesment indeed.

Similar to Saverocketrynow and flyrockets. They were such a non-entity they used TRA's bank account (even for my money :) ).

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I did. Search for a post on google advanced search (rec.models.rockets) with the term "unincorporated association" in it from me in the past month.

After you read it at least 3 times fully, post any unclear portions and feel free to ask real questions.

Then do the same with a post with the terms "Dr.Phil" and "facilitator" in it.

Just Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

False.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hey Ray. What if you are simply wrong when you say this? What if he HAS been answering all along as I claim and you simply missed it due to clouded judgement? Is there a solution for that?

Remember. What if?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Exactly! At least in ARSA.

Point.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That comment itself was FUD (or an unjustified attack)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine