action: involve the members

involve the members - trust in and honor the intelligience of the membership, and establish the means to harvest their contribution

Many members have felt disenfranchised, out of the loop, and so far removed from the decisions (but not the issues) that they are victims without control over their own organization.

I believe that this dishonors members, and is wasteful. I don't believe we can afford to waste whatever talent we may have.

One approach might be to conduct a poll of members' wish lists for the organization, and hold referendums to see which have member support, especially if such a poll started with communicating a vision that may inspire them; even one proposing the most aggressive changes needed to make TRA a place that accomodates every rocketeer.

Referendums could be held periodically as the need arises, so that the leadership acts in knowledge of, and ideally consist with, the members wishes.

But like a democratic republic, some baseline (e.g.; 'constitution') would need to exist so that neither member apathy nor vigorous lobbying could result in a deterioration of the whole. An example would be a "members rights" document, to prevent "arbitrary and capricious" shunning as has been done in the past.

comments?

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Switch newly renamed TRA back to a MEMBER organization, not a BOD organization.

Have a portion of the budget whose sole purpose is member voted expenses or SAVINGS.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Goebbels

Reply to
Al Max

Iz again:

Which members are you speaking for now, Iz? If you think there are that many who share your views, run for the BOD.

Reply to
RayDunakin

thread abuse! consider yourself moderated out until you can behave

- iz

Al Max wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

join a board with entrenched corrupted elements?

clean it up first, then ask for volunteers

(wow, you were actually on topic that time!)

- iz

RayDunak> Iz again:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Iz whined:

I see. You want others to do the work, while you bitch and moan from the sidelines and contribute nothing but back-biting and mudslinging.

Reply to
RayDunakin

no, I want to make a difference, not waste my time

in 'your TRA' the cards are stacked against change. That is what corruption is.

- iz

RayDunak> Iz whined:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

That's a bold accusation. Care to back it up, or at least explain it? I've seen no evidence that BOD elections are not conducted in a fair and appropriate manner.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Subject change.

in 'your TRA' the cards are stacked against change.

By the BOD itself!!!!!

Have you changed magazine editors?

Have you eliminated all false motor certs?

No change.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So, Izzy,

Would your "new TRA" answer questions like I asked you about ARSA, or not?

I find it so very interesting that you won't answer even the most basic questions about ARSA, even though you are the "communications facilitator" (your term) for ARSA.

- George Gassaway

----------- repeat of questions that Izzy refused to answer

Izzy,

I?ve had some problems locating some things on the ARSA website.

Where can I find the ARSA by-laws?

Where can I find any information as to when/where ARSA was officially created as regards public/state (or federal?) documentation or recognition?

Where can I find info on when the last ARSA election was held, and who ran?

Where can I find info on when the next ARSA election will be held?

Where can I find a list of who is on the ARSA board, which positions are held by what people, and how does the ARSA board operate if for some reason the ARSA by-laws website link didn?t load?

As ARSA communications facilitator, I?m sure you won?t mind answering these.

- George Gassaway

Reply to
GCGassaway

the fact that the corruption has persisted for so long, and people like Chuck Rogers are still on the board, and Bruce Kelly still in a position of influence, demonstrates that all the attempts to remove them to date have been defeated. That is evidence enough of "the cards being stacked against change"

I did not say anything about elections, did I?

- iz

RayDunak> Iz wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

an off-topic, attempt to impede a open inquiry into whats possible for rocketry and rocketers in an desperate attempt to prevent reflection on and contrasts with your ineffectiveness

I answered your transparent questions

- iz

GCGassaway wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

That statement was a fact.

I cite as evidence the following observations. Year after year the election documents are delivered "late". In some cases so late voting by mail was not practical at all and ONLY attendance at LDRS was a way to have your vote heard.

And the irregularities in the announcement of the elections are NEVER discussed in the minutes or the documents of the coporation or the magazines or reports.

That is the dirty little secret of the longevity of the TRAI board.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No it's not. It's something you don't like, but not in itself proof of anything. If Chuck Rogers is still on the board it's only because people keep reelecting him. And the fact that Bruce Kelly was not reelected (after serving for many years) doesn't mean he can't still be of use to the organization. (What of all that fine talk about not losing "talent" from the organization?)

However, if you wish to see him removed from an appointed or voluntary post, you can can make your wishes known to the board or run for board yourself and make any changes you want.

Reply to
RayDunakin