Tripoli members only page

I tried to log onto the Tripoli "members only" page but was prompted to enter a "MVC". What is my MVC ? The little girl (Bruce Kelly's daughter
?) who answered told me tha Dave Wilkins of Austrailia new my MVC, but how to contact ? Is it on my Triploi card ? What to do ?
Signed the Rocketeer.
The MVC started a few weeks ago. I haven't gotten mine yet either. Try contacting David & see what he says. I'll email you his address.
Phil
On 22 Jul 2006 16:23:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@junglevision.com wrote:

The MVC is like what is on the back of your credit card.
From what I understand, you needed to get it in person at LDRS, or you will get it when your membership card is re-sent out to you at your renew time. Since the real use of MVC will be after re-new of membership, this should cause no hardship.
Troj (Kevin) is the webmaster of the TRA website, and part of the TRA IT committee. He posts here sometimes, and might see your post, but you may want to contact him directly (about->contacts, bottom of the page) (http://tripoli.org/contact.shtml )
I'm sure that he'll be able to point you in the right direction, and works he closely with Dave Wilkins (who's in Australia and hosts the TRA list).
The way I understand it, is that "MVC" is a unique ID for each member (in addition to their public TRA number) that's just been put into place to allow a bunch of things, like automated "joining" of the TRA list, and the ability to edit your own profile (address, phone #, email address, etc).
I think they just started handing out MVC's at LDRS, so it might have some bumps for new members, but I'm sure Troj can help.

AZ Woody wrote:

Woody pretty much got it right.
The MVCs were supposed to be appearing on membership cards for several months in anticipation of this stuff, but they haven't been.
For folks who were at LDRS, and who had their cards with them, they had the opportunity to obtain their MVCs by requesting them at registration. As folks renew, they SHOULD be seeing the MVC on their membership card; if you receive a card from now, going forward, and it doesn't have an MVC, please let me know.
For those whose renewal isn't up for a while, David Wilkins is the one you need to contact to get your MVC.
-Kevin
Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

Hello Kevin, my trip # is 3245. My email is snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. Please email my MVC #.
Thank You
Paul Lane, The Rocketeer
snipped-for-privacy@junglevision.com wrote:

I can't; I don't have access to an unencrypted list of codes.
-Kevin
Ther has got to be a better way.. (:-(
Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

I agree.
Phil
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 23:11:44 -0400, "W. E. Fred Wallace"

W. E. Fred Wallace wrote:

The "better way" is that MVCs were supposed to start appearing on cards back in February. That didn't happen, which leaves others in the situation of having to rectify that issue.
-Kevin
Hence, the need for a better way..(:-)
Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

Fred, currently the members only site contains the pdfs of the tra reports.
the MVS is like a CVS code on the back of your credit card.
I understand it will be used to finally allow electronic voting.
If we are to embrace electronic voting and have TRA stand up to an audit from those who might cry rigged, electronic foul, then we need security standard accepted methods of two factor ID.
something you know, your member number, your email address and your password.
and something you only got physically, like the MVC code, in person or via US Mail.
that can allow TRA to say they follow accepted security standards for E-voting.
You mention a better way, I would encourage you to let David know a better way, and maybe he can get them out quicker
CD

Waste of time - the way has already been decided.
Phil
I'm not complaining about the use of the process; I understand the mvs code purpose and future intended use. My complaint is simple: TRA has implemented a new process but not everyone is included yet. My membership was renewed in April or March and I don't have the mvc code. Will I get it next year?? Hell, someone get of the dime and mail them out or send it through email. I don't think that is to much to ask. If the problem is TRA HQ, put a fire under their a$$ or get someone else to do the job. After all HQ is a paid position.
Fred TRA 5763 wallacewe(at)comcast(dot)net
BTW, who are you anyway
Cranny Dane wrote:

Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

Better way? We're talking TRA here.

Hmmm... sounds like HPR all over again.
DSC
If you had a clue, and didn't have a hard on for TRA, you know that the numbers were first issued at LDRS. It's not a HPR type of thing, it's more that "it takes time" (like a couple months) for this to be distributed...
Not the best way however, as I don't think I'll need to renew until November, so that would be a long time to get a MVC.
I'm sensing that there was a problem with getting the info on the member's new cards, but the second problem is that others (renewing members) may have to wait for 11 months or so, once the MVC does get included.
Maybe this is for the TRA list server, but maybe not, if people are having a problem joining it, but, you might need to gain access to the encrypted list, as a member if the IT committee. Most of the members are in the US, and there might be a better chance that you know some of the people requesting a MVC than David, speeding the verification process. I'll help in any way I can to, as I know a bunch of the AZ fliers, both by sight, as well as by an email address in a request for a MVC.
As another alternative, it "might" make sense that active members are sent a simple bulk mail post card (with minimal information, as it is a post card) that says - here is vour MVC, and when used with your membership number (one of this items NOT included on the post card), you'll be able to access the member only online resources.
This is better than waiting for 12 months for all members to get a new membership card. Again, if I can help, let me know.

hey yall,, lets implement a secret code system long before everyone has the secret code... priceless.. is this the same team in charge of rol 2.0?
. Kevin Trojanowski wrote:

Well, there's one thing for sure -- the new MVC system is damned secure, because no one can get in!

I can :-)