ROL Focus Group

The administrators of ROL are looking for approximately 2 dozen hobbyists to participate in a focus group regarding Rocketry Online. What we're asking is for you to share your opinions on a variety of topics, and participate in discussions.

We're looking for a cross-section of opinions and viewpoints, and people who are interested in providing constructive criticism on where the site is today, and what the plans are for tomorrow.

If you're interested, contact me via email (troj at cox dot net) with the following information. Public replies will be ignored.

Name Years experience in the hobby BAR/Non-BAR How long have you been using Internet rocketry resources? What Rocketry sites do you use? What do you consider ROL's strengths and weaknesses? Do you have experience creating static websites? Dynamic websites?

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Darrell? You out there?

:-)

Reply to
Tweak

Who? Me?

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Nah, not you, I meant that other Darrell who started ROL.

;-)

Reply to
Tweak

He's probably in jail. I get blamed a lot for what my other brother Darrell does. In fact I get blamed for everything. Just you wait and see...

Darrell

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

So, do you have a brother named Larry, too?

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Darrell and I have actually had a rather pleasant series of emails these past couple of days.

Credit for the idea and inception of ROL belongs solely with Darrell -- he's the one who came up with the idea, and made it happen.

The goal of the Focus Group is to take Darrell's legacy forward and keept it a valuable resource for the hobby in the future. What better way to take advantage of Darrell's legacy?

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I do! ;-)

Perhaps you've seen us on the Bob Newhart Show? We made a comfortable living on those brief appearances, but we brothers jointly invested our earnings into a trust fund, and my other brother Darrell was the trustee. Need I say more?

I now live in a tar paper shack, but within wireless router range of a Starbucks.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Hey, at least you've got the important things in life handled -- Internet access!

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

What more do you need?

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Hey, coffee is important too!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Pepsi and Poontang?

Reply to
nitram578

High on the want list but not a need, not at least like Internet access is.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

I was thinking evict him from his tar paper shack and burn it down, but then I have a strange sense of humor.

Darrell, you crack me up.

Reply to
Tweak

Hey, don't blame me, blame my other brother Darrell.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

Well son I say son one must set one's own priorities to be sure.

Reply to
nitram578

Blame Bob it's all his fault for hiring you guys in the first place.

Reply to
nitram578

Nope, it was Larry. I have it on good authority that Larry is the responsible party, as usual!

That darned Larry needs to stand up and accept responsibility for his actions, instead of dumping it on you two!

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Treat Bob with some respect - the guy had GREAT taste in wives ...

Reply to
Tad Danley

there really is no need for an ROL..there are planty of sites to gather any info, news, tips already. save your effort and time and just contribute to the myrad of sites already up and running at full speed.

rol was cool back > Darrell D. Mobley wrote:

Reply to
spiff