ROL Netmail

back in the late 90's ROL had a netmail feature. the announcement is at

what is the status of this service?

Reply to
terry

Have you tried checking with ROL?

Phil

Philip Stein

AOL is not overzealous when it comes to sending legitimate mail. they provide you with everything you need to do to get mail through their servers. it may be as simple as setting up an spf record or a hard as configuring abuse accounts, but the fact of the matter is: if you are not a spammer, AOL will not block your email if you follow their instructions. its not that hard, but apparently it is for ROL.

Reply to
terry

what kind of freaking idiot has his own name servers but can't even keep up with his websites mail server records? i cant even imagine someone trying to run a website who just abandons their websites mx records.

Reply to
terry

you as an individual may not. ROL, as a provider of auction services, may. those instructions are called rfc's and policies regarding those rfc's. it's not that difficult.

Reply to
terry

Why should I need someone elses instructions to send any one email?

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

The status of the service is up and active. While there is no mention of the service anywhere on the Rocketry Online site, you can still go to

and sign up for a web-based email account and receive an email address ending in @rocketryonline.com.

You mention ROL's inability to deliver an auction message to AOL. Perhaps AOL is blocking mail from ROL because their mail server is associated with a free-mail host. But the fact that ROL seems to have abandoned their own netmail service without repossessing their mail server's MX records might have something to do with that.

Looking at their MX records you see:

; DiG 9.2.4 -t mx rocketryonline.com ;; global options: printcmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

with his websites mail server records? i cant even imagine someone trying to run a website who just abandons their websites mx records.

Just because someone can spell "DNS" does not mean they know what it is.

Reply to
Planet News

you think they know about some service that was from the last century?

You're the one that asked for the status of it. It sounds like you already knew the answer when you asked the question

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stein

Well, Mr. Smart Guy. If you think it's so easy maybe you should just do it yourself !

:)

Steve Bloom

Reply to
default

Damn it, I will! Wait. I already have. ;-)

See below:

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

AOL, you think they know about some service that was from the last century?

Actually, Phil, I was the one that answered his question.

Reply to
Darrell D. Mobley

AOL, you think they know about some service that was from the last century?

Sure sounds like he had the answer when he replied to me but whatever

- no biggie to me either way.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stein