Last post for a while

People,

We're moving tomorrow and we will be without Usenet access for several months. This will be our last post for a while but we hope to be back on Usenet by year's end.

We will be able update the website on the 1st of every month from work, but the I.T. people do not allow newsgroup access. For those of you that want to continue to send Verna your entries for Photo of the Month or just want to stay in contact, please note that she has a new email address for that. It's: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Hope to be back soon.

Best Wishes to all!

Verna & Randy

Randy

Happy Trails Verna & Randy! See you back here real soon.

Just some suggestions:

Get Giganews for about $12/mon. This can be used via most news readers with in most companies, unless their IT group is actually *blocking* all ports not explicitly open... but even then you could log up to the web site.

Then there is Google news... although the feed is slower... and you have to register to be able to post.

There are other options also.

I don't let my ISP provide me anything except a connection to the internet. That way, if I switch providers, I don't have to change all my other account info.

But sometimes it is nice to take a break for awhile too. .

Why aren't you using your own domain name for your email? (like "randy at yourdomainname" or "verna at...")

If that again is an issue of ISP also hosting your site, then that can be fixed... permanently.

Cheers!

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips