Of for a while

I have got a new HDD to install, so will be off the air for a day or so while I play...

Funny that when we bought our first PC back in 1991 it had a 120mb hard drive which was 'huge' in those days. Now we have trouble finding anything smaller than 40gb or 80gb, and takes ages to format! New 180gb HDD's are available for just over £100 plus VAT, but what the hell do you fill them with ??

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I fill mine with music, pictures and video. :)

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White

learning to use my new Fuji 2800Z camera, taking oodles of pictures and sorting the good from

Hi Andrew, I lost my Fuji 2400z camera at Flookborough rally & now I am looking for a replacement. I have a 2800z but even though it takes good pictures the viewfinder isn't a patch on an optical viewfinder in bright sunshine. I am thinking of buying the 2600z as the 2400z isn't available now.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

I bought a Toshiba 120Gb drive for £80 inc VAT the other day. All I have to do now is get round to installing it. It'll be on the end of the secondary IDE chain and I've had trouble with the 'pooter recognising the 4gb drive (that was s-o-o-o-o big when I bought it) in that position. I've a scuzzy writer, separate DVD/CD etc reader, 3.5", 10 and 40GB drives, so it's quite crowded in there!

Any tips chaps?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Kim,

There should be no difference between any of the IDE connectors in recoginising the size of drives. This is controlled purely by the BIOS and operating system. If you have managed to get it to recognise a 40 gig drive, chances are it will recognise the 120 .

Regards.

-- Pete Aldous

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Hi Andrew, 5 minutes before reading this I found the missing camera. It must have fallen behind the furniture while I was unloading the caravan. (I must vacuum the house more often in future) As to the viewfinder I think perhaps I dont put the viewscreen close enough to my eye as light gets on the screen. I do know I prefer the optical viewfinder.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Gentlemen, I have had a Fuji Finepix S340 for 6 months now and I am pleased with picture quality and I also like the view finder. It took a little while but I don't notice any difference now.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman