Moving a Lath

Someone just offered to sell me a lath, and all I have to do is move it.

Anoyone know of a removal company in Hertfordshire area that will move a lath?

Thanks

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

From where and to where ?

What lathe ?

Weight ?

Lifting/handling facilities at each end ?

Might be able to help.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

On a similar note can anyone say what such a firm might go under in the Yellow Pages ?

Thanks,

Reply to
Boo

Machinery Removals.

There is a company in Luton, Luton Transport, who do exactly that and are very well equipped and well thought of, but out of reach on costs for private machinery removal work.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I've shifted mid sized lathes (up to 600kg - Colchester Student size) with a trailer and engine hoist. Also moved my mill this way (at 1.2 tons) but that was a struggle. If you've got a towbar and a friend it's quite easy.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

How did you get it up the stairs and into the bedroom ?

:-)

Reply to
Boo

The problem is not geting it into the bedroom, it's stoping it relocating to the sitting room :-(

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:05:40 +0100, Boo

If you knew the fragrant Mrs P you'd know that the smell of oily workshop things is banned inside the house. I was mighty glad when the nice smelling hand cleaners came out and superceded Swarfega. Swarfega cleaned the dirt off but left you smelling worse than the engine you've just stripped.

The really sad thing is she doesn't like Castrol R either!

Charles Ping

Not many of them do yet it's a natural product. Instead they prefer stuff with expensive sounding names and even more expensive price tags. It's all down to marketing hype, fine to splash some of this stuff on and call it Channel no 5 or Romance, when in fact it's just distilled musk.

Think what it would do to sales if it was marketed by it's correct name of "Crushed Reindeer knackers"

Just got back in from delivering a machine up to Chesterfield and passed an artic on the motorway. On the trailer it read "Simplified Excellence in Logistics" Roughly translated it means "We stuff all boxes on one truck" Don't you just love buzz words?

John Stevenson Rotary Materials Removal Engineer [ Lathe operator ]

Reply to
John Stevenson

Just on the offchance, do any of your Luton / Hitchin area people know a guy called Dave Simpson? He's given to building bits of aircraft. I knew him when I was growing up in Luton (he made me an aluminium kite with an aerofoil when I was about ten, but it kept stalling!) but have lost touch...

ABS

Reply to
Alaric B Snell

I have offered assistance with this one, subject to dates and availability.

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter Forbes Prepair Ltd Luton, UK email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk home: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Reply to
Prepair Ltd

Hands up all the Luton people. I'm in Toddington!

Kevin

Reply to
k heyes

What is it about a (former) industrial town with a (former) massive automible industry that attracts so many engineers? :-)

I left there when I was 18, however, and during my time there I was mainly interested in electronics and computing, it's only since settling into my new home in Essex that I've gotten started in melting bits of metal!

ABS

Reply to
Alaric B Snell

I think that that is one of the worst puns I've ever read or heard in my long life. And it went unacknowledged too !.

I love this site, keep it up please.

Best Regards

Tom.

I notice that a lot of people have a motto. Am I allowed

"Nunce excretia in extractum est" !

Reply to
Tom Jacobs

John Stevenson writes..........

As the last lady Prime Minister was once heard to exclaim - 'The Lady's not for turning.

Reply to
Mike Whittome

The jokes get worse.... :-))

Peter

Peter A Forbes

LOL I love it. John obviously has far too much spare time on his hands and far too quick witted for me.

Geoff Halstead Norfolk, England

(superheated - radiant at that)

Reply to
GeoffH