Nuenen Show

Back at about 10.30 pm, absolutely superb show, the weather was very good, ferry
both ways was calm and sunny, sold our PU8 genny and spare engines to a local
WWII museum near Eindhoven, then when we all went over on Monday evening to
deliver them, we had an unofficial guided your of the most amazing collection of
WWII radio gear that you could imagine.
Suffice to say that Martin P was in his element, especially with an F104 and
MIG-21 outside in the yard, and a Sherman tank at the front gate.
The site is a Cold War military reserve base, which is now partly used as a
museum.
Details to follow.
Peter
--
Peter & Rita Forbes
Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes
Gentlemen,
I would first like to say thanks to Peter Forbes and his Family for inviting me along on the trip, Nuenen is one of those places that you don't know where to look first as there was so much to see. As already stated an excellent rally not to be missed. When I have sorted them out I have 278 pictures to show.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Gentlemen,
The pictures for Nuenen are now uploaded to here
hope you enjoy them.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
I hope you enjoy them.
One run through on slide show hardly does justice but - wow!
I can see my self spending quite a while digesting that lot when I have more time.
NHH
Reply to
Nick H
Better still, go there, it's well worth the trip.
Peter
Reply to
Peter A Forbes
My selection of pics is at:
gives yet another perspective.
My 'ones to take home' were the huge 12hp vertical Japy and the wonderful cross-head Bolnes semi diesel.
Regards, Dan
Reply to
dan
which gives yet another perspective.
You survived the 'ordeal by boat' then.
Another nice set of pics. With you on the Bolnes, fit in well at IF wouldn't it! Why the fascination with detail pics of the Pinkney - have you got one?
NHH
Reply to
Nick H
I'd have to get a passport first!
NHH
Reply to
Nick H
Hang on isn't there a Pinkney / Tangye connection?
NHH
Reply to
Nick H
Hi Nick, Water was millpond calm there and back so I was fine on the boat :-)
Detail pics of the Pinkney are because I have exactly the same engine that is missing a cylinder head - easy enough to fabricate to my own design, but with details from another even better! There is a very close Pinkney/Tangye connection - Pinkney was Tangye's Head Engine Designer, and their engines used the Pinkney Patent Governor. The small Pinkneys were reputedly built by Geo. Waller at Stroud, but the similarity to the Tangye design is so close I regard them as baby Tangyes.
Regards Dan
Reply to
dan
Nick,
No excuse, you have now a sleeping bag, I have the use of a bigger tent, so we could make a trip of it next year. For Dan and Peter, I rang my sister this morning to find out where she bought the tent I borrowed off her as I needed to replace it, she has very kindly suggested that she will run it through her sewing machine and stitch the ground sheet back to the main tent body. Looked again at the tent paperwork and it reckons it has an internal length of 2.1 metres so I must grow in my sleep :-))
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Ah, and I do remember you mentioning it now - proposed starting point for the new head being the valve chest portion of an sv cylinder barrel. Makes sense now I've seen the layout of the Pinkney head!
NHH
Reply to
Nick H
We've got a family tent that you're welcome to borrow, it is fine for us two, but too low for us old 'uns to stand up in.
It's the one we bought for the last Spanish trip, haven't used it since.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk
Peter A Forbes
Gentlemen,s
It has taken nearly a week to point something but how many of you spotted the number of Wolesley's and did you also notice they all had gas conversions and what is a WD9F, this was on the spec plate of one of them.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Also, there was an air-cooled Wolseley in amongst the engines.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk
Peter A Forbes
Here:
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk
Peter A Forbes
I did notice the number of Wolseley - but my cleverness stopped there! I failed to spot the gas conversions, the unusual spec number or indeed, the rare air cooled version ;o))
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Reply to
kimsiddorn