Rushden Cavalcade

Popped in this morning, got some brand new King Dick Whitworth spanners for £1 each, the vendor had some left and I almost went back for more, but left them for others....

Had a chat with Len Gillings who had his National Vertical there, almost a photo-fit of last year really, but nice to see some familiar engines and faces.

Saw another Onan genny like our one, slightly earlier and with some detail differences.

Hugh Stannard walked right past me while I was waiting for Rita outside one of the craft tents, he was obviously looking for someone else... :-))

Got a 14mm Allen key while there as well, needed that for the Cat trolley.

Off to the farm now to spend the rest of the day on a fork truck, moving stuff about so we can get one of the Cat engines and the dyno out.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

I was thinking of going but as you have bought all the goodies I wont bother :-)) Next time ask as I have a couple of 14mm here :-))

I have a bit of a problem at the moment, the Rover failed its MOT this morning on stupidly missed things like a badly adjusted head light and a split wiper blade :-(( I did take a chance on one of the tyres though and it failed, not because of lack of tread but a fault I was not sure about any way the problem I now have is that every tyre company I rang this morning did a lot of teeth sucking and querying the size I gave them because it is what is called dead stock. I have a company in Bigglewade who thinks he can find me two at bloody expensive but wont know until he can ring his supplier Tuesday. Oh the joys of classic car motoring :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Martin, What size tyre? I may be able to assist if it is for a P4. I don't remember what type of Rover you have although I am sure you have said before. ( I will not be back on line now until late Monday) T.

Reply to
Tahiri

P6

Reply to
campingstoveman

Sorry, can't help after all.

Reply to
Tahiri

Well, they were still there this morning, so as Rita wanted to get some plates she looked at Saturday, we popped in this morning and got the plates AND the rest of the new K-D spanners.

Got the dynamometer onto the Cat trolley this morning, took about 3 hours, started at 7am and finished just before 10am.