Astle Park

Had a brief visit this morning, we had to go to Stoke, Crewe and Salford before we finally turned south again to Astle.

Not that many people there, was the first impression, weather was grumpy but mild, we had a few spots of rain while there, so that may have kept the paying public away.

Quite a few interesting engines this year, and a large Dutch contingent with engines that we recognised from Nuenen.

Spoke with Kim, Dan Howden, Len Gillings, PTFE. David McCreath, saw a few familiar faces, but as we were on a bit of a flier, we had to leave before 2pm, got home after 4pm.

Dan reckoned that the unofficial count for the Saturday was 560 engines, a long way down on the 1000 target, but that number may increase on the official count tomorrow.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

campingstoveman

What rally did you attend, my mate and I arrived at 09:00 with two engines for Kenny Williams and Charles Hamilton and the place was heaving and stayed like it all day until we left at 16:00. Joking :-)) It was a steady trickle of people but still a good day, didn't see you or Rita but had a chat and a beer with the others :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

With all the running about, we didn't get there until nearly 1pm and had to be away before 2pm, so we walked the engine rows and took some shots, also had a tank for David McCreath, that I forgot to give you with those Wolseleys you took up to him.

Had time for a quick pastie and coffee and away again :-((

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Gentlemen,

My pictures of Astle Park can be found here.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

I had a great time at Astle Park, set up Friday in my preferred spot, had lots of interest in my display of a Tiny Tim (the only one there) charging a battery & running a plethora of rotary converters. Had a pint with the Usual Suspects, couldn't find much to buy, although I'd like to be in a position to buy, restore transport & run the Commer TS3 that was in the club shop for an optimistic £650.

Off to the Anson & had as pleasant a time - as usual more done as usual & well worth a visit if you are that way.

Down to Wychurst in Kent Saturday 9.30pm to 1.30am. Had a great day in lovely sunny weather with my mates & painted some more of the hall.

Home via my steam engineer - 668 miles since Friday lunchtime ;o)) Not many for you travelling engineers, but a fair run just for fun!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

"kimsiddorn" wrote (snip)

Paul Evans of IF was spotted trying to round up some spare trailer space for the TS3. Suprised to find he hasn't already got one tucked away somewhere so it'll be a good addition to the museum. I rather fancied the Enfield 'sloper' diesel from the same vendor but Helen talked me out of it for once - anyway, I think I prefer the vertical version!

NHH

Reply to
Nick H