Did anybody spot me and my engine at Astle Park?

Only two people from the newsgroup made themselves known to me over the weekend one of those, Chris Bedo, whom I know already and Philip TE.

I have to say that despite the rather un-clement weather on Saturday and the at times rather eratic behaviour of my engine I had a very good time. Engines aside I have to put this down almost completely to the people who were in the adjoining few pitches. What extremely pleasent and helpfull people they were. So all in all a good weekend. Plenty to see with some very tasty engines but I'll save the favourite comp for a different thread.

Somebody must have seen me? Or do I actually smell that bad????

John

Reply to
John Macdonald Smith

Still can't get it Dave, what's your webshots user name? If I'm going to have my soul stolen I may as well see the results!

Reply to
Nick H

Hi john,

I wondered if you'd made it after your trials and tribulations with the engine but didn't spot you. Might have helped if I could have found anyone selling programs (I believe such existed as Pat Knight had one).

Reply to
Nick H

Reply to
Dave Croft

Sorry about the wrap. You have to save the bottom line, click the upper then attached the saved bit. Dave Croft

Reply to
Dave Croft

Got it, and now I wish I hadn't - a right dodgy looking bunch ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

I didn't arrive until circa 2pm, did cast my eyes around the beer tent but didn't see anyone I recognised from here. Did bump into some old traction/railway engine acquaintances of long standing that I hadn't seen for a couple of years, though. Saw Paul Evans & Kim later on.

Although we have met, I wouln't be sure of recognising you if I bumped into you, & don't know what engine you had with you - not the big lump you recently shoehorned into your shed presumably - If you had that there I must be more blind than I thought

Cheers Tim Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech

Hi Nick, Try

think my user name is CRFTDV I am using a backup computer for now so I cannot find everything I need! Dave Croft

Reply to
Dave Croft

Well I was there and I'm sorry for not making it to the beer tent. I had struggled along with the 16hp Shanks Lamp Start. I was first in line in the pen next to the booking tent next to the lorry containing the National diesel promoting the Anson and behind that was a very nice man called Trevor with quite a big Ingeco.

It hated the weather on Saturday until about 4 p.m. when it ran for about an hour and a half without hitch. Then on Sunday it was fine from starting first swing at about 9:00 when people started to appear to when , oops, it ran out of juice at around 2:00. It wouldn't go again as I think some muck got in the fuel system as had happened previously. I had to depart at 3:30 anyway so it was not so bad. When it did go it was very well behaved and as I say I enjoyed the whole experience.

John

Reply to
John Macdonald Smith

> =152558084&ran=27056

Gentlemen, Ive tried to look at pic but cant can somebody make it easy for me please.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

>> =152558084&ran=27056

Ignore last thread I read the posts properly this time. I recognise a few faces, could somebody name all please particularly the gent in the wheel chair as I have seen him about my area at other rally's and I believe a friend of mine Hugh Stannard knows him too.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Hi John, I told someone very close to where you were about the coach to the Anson. Was it you?

Reply to
Dave Croft

Anson. Was it you?

Dave,

No I don't think it was. I had a lot of people asking me about the trip due to my close proximity to the display. You might have spoken to the chap with the Ingeco as I know he was looking to go but all the tickets had gone. It seemed to be very popular. I couldn't go because I had to go home to seem my wife and daughter which made up for it as my little girl had just that day learnt to blow a rasberry and spent the rest of the night doing so. No reflection on the Anson. As I will try and make it along later in the year as it is fairly local.

I do recognise some of the people in the photo as having been there. You aren't the little chap in both pics who was riding aroung on a sort of butchers bike type thing a lot were you?

John

Reply to
John Macdonald Smith

Hi Martin,

I'm the gent in the wheelchair! and the lady is my wife, Fran. You probably saw us at Cottenham, this year, as we'd seen Hugh at Cheffins the previous day and he told us about the rally, so we came along to have a look. I did recognise you, but you were talking to someone when we walked down the engine line, so didn't want to interupt your conversation. When we came back, unfortunately, you were nowhere to be seen, so we missed you. Next time! We know Hugh of old, as we have done some engine trading between ourselves over the years, plus we know a few of the other people who were also at Cottenham, mainly from meeting them at the Cheffins sales.

The others in the picture URES 2 are from left to right are:- David Croft, ? , Dan Howden, Kenny Williams, Philip Thornton-Evison, Arthur Griffin, David McCreath, Mark Drake and Fran Drake (and Hamish dog).

In the picture URES 3 are from left to right:- David Croft, ? , Dan Howden, Philip Thornton-Evison, Nick Highfield, Kim Siddorn, Mark and Fran Drake

Regards, Mark

Reply to
Mark Drake

Hi Mark,

Small correction, I am only in picture URES3, between Dave Croft and Dan Howden. My dad is also lurking in the background ! (chap with cap on)

Not sure who the person named as myself is in URES2, perhaps if they are lurking they could identify themselves! The unknown person in URES2 is Dave Shortland I think. I was too busy tinkering with a cantankerous little Amanco that we forgot to meet on the Sunday at 1pm...!

A good weekend was had, left around 5pm, took about 5.5 hours to get back driving through some pretty nasty weather. Managed to keep my wallet fairly intact which is good news for a Scotsman...! Looking forward to next year...

Regards David

Reply to
David McC