Astle Park. (Third Attempt!!!!!)

Wow, what a show!!!! Magnificent array of engines and decent weather too!!!! Really enjoyed the whole weekend!! Met some old "Mates" had some good "Crack" and started a new engine collection!! On the way home I always ponder on which engine was, IMHO, the "Best" on the field. This Year I've shortlisted 4 which I can't decide between. They are:-

1:- The big Hornsby Ackroyd, What a beast!! 2:- The Beijers 2-stroke Diesel. 3:- The lasger of the 2 Moguls 4:- The Gaffer (IF Museum's Allan).

The people listed below have my sincere thanks for their services.

  1. Campingstoveman, for fetching my Little Ruston all the way from Essex.
  2. Geoff, Kenny and Mrs Williams and the rest of the "Club Stall Crew" for helping me to thin out my "Junk" hoard.
  3. The other Geoff and the Anson Team, for making Saturday evening perfect!
  4. "Belgian Frank" for accepting my offer on the "Lime Green Bernard"
  5. And finally, "Martin H" for carting my engines all the way to Carlisle.

Looking forward to next year already!!

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

Methinks your news server must be playing silly buggers. All three of your attempts appeared in turn on news.individual.net - can you see my reply to what i think was the first?

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

That's odd, I repeat:-

We made a long weekend of it as it is probably the only 'going away' holiday we will get this year. Went up on Thursday and got settled into Macclesfield south premier inn, shopping in Macclesfield and Knutsford on Friday with a quick pop in to the site to see what was in the auction (waste of time and £4 - though I did pick up some part for an engine I haven't got yet from Ken Hickman). There nice and early Saturday, great show with best weather we have ever had (the odd rain shower was more of a pleasant 'refresher' than an inconvenience). Met up with NG types and some other old friends at 13:00 in beer tent as arranged (where were you Charles). Attendance looked pretty good to me and definitely more engines than when we were last there two years ago. Still more engines on Sunday - not so much as main exhibits, but many people had obviously dug out one of their 'Cinderella engines to boost numbers for the grand counting - the guy in the Anson tent was talking around the 800 mark, though time will tell how accurate that was. Had a drive over the Cat and Fiddle to Buxton in the evening and home today. All in a very enjoyable trip.

NHH

Reply to
Nick H

Reply to