Astle Park engine photos

Link to some pics from yesterday, untitled and unsorted as yet:-

Alan

Reply to
Algernon

Excellent pics Alan, thanks for posting them.

I didn't make it this year (a bloody long way for me) but it looks like an excellent show. There's some vary rare stuff there. I'll have a look again when you added titles to identify a few that I've never seen before.

Mark

Reply to
Mark_Howard

Well did it Dan?

Reply to
Nick H

Now that I would have liked to have seen (and heard!)

Reply to
Nick H

Great pics, I look forward to more

Reply to
Nick H

A superb rally with some great company and weather.

Pics at

Regards, Gary M

Reply to
gary millward

A great weekend with some different engines to see. Pics in my webshots. Sorry I never made it to the meet. Deutz ran well all weekend in its new shiny paint job.

Cheers, MartinH

Reply to
martin hirst

It did eventually....still much fine tuning to do, thanks to Bob Lester for his help with the magneto trip mechanism. Best run was Sunday - managed about 15 minutes before it started to unbolt itself from the trolley. Probably the most recalitrant device I have, but I won't be beaten and I will get it sorted.

Cheers Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Nice pictures everyone. No obstructive barriers to be seen. It was too far for me to go so had a change to an extreme example of Hot Fog at Kempton Park Steam Museum.

Pictures will be at webshots shortly.

Reply to
Fred

I went up to Astle Park on Friday evening, starting out from Bristol at about 7.30pm as is my custom. I arrived as darkness fell, found my usual spot was unoccupied & set up the tables for the electronics stuff before finding my way across to the auction field, equipped with torch. Not a lot of interest to me, but there was a lot of it, certainly more than last year.

To the beer tent for a pint of Blackthorn & saw no one I knew, so was in bed by midnight.

Up at 7.30 & set everything up, the ST flat twin as a static exhibit & the T300 Marine that subsequently ran all day on tickover on perhaps a litre of fuel. I was going to take the C-V MA2 too, but ran out of space in the Volvo. I took a range of laboratory & avionics electrical gear & it proved as popular as ever.

Setting up complete. I made my way up to the club enclosure which was just getting organised. I came away with a very nice riveted construction brass tank that will make an excellent coolant tank in due course and a brass Solex carb that fits the big C-V flat twin I bought by mistake! A whole £11.00 the two. There were some early SEM's in binders, but the first one (1-49) had gone on Friday. Ah well.

Back to drop off goodies & Start yer Engines. The sky leaked occasionally, but nothing came of the few spots that fell on my stuff.

The Newsgroup meet at 1.00pm in the beer tent attracted eighteen of us, six more than last year - including Arnie Farrow and other luminaries. We stood and nattered for a bit, took some photos & wandered off as one does. I'd already been round the engine lines & found a number of interesting devices to stare at & owners to talk to.

A trawl of the stalls discovered a couple of laboratory instruments. Labelled at daft prices, I offered less than half, stuck to my guns & walked away with them - there are still bargains to be had ;o))

It was beginning to get quieter by 4.45pm, so I got the car, packed up & was driving out of the park by 5.30 and at the Anson by 6.15, the coach parties being expected around 7.00. Geoff was kind enough to fire up the Birmingham Science Museum Otto-Crossley for me & I spent an eventually fruitful half hour trying to get a shot of the gas cloud igniting outside the flame door in brief but spectacular fashion! There are four inverteds in this display & if there is a better displayed or even equal number anywhere in the world, I'd be surprised.

As others will say, I'm sure, it was a great success & I'd guess at well over a hundred visitors crowded the normally silent aisles & stared in awe at the big Gardners as they came to life. Around nine, there were going noises amongst the crowd & knowing there were roadworks in the middle of Poynton, I had no wish to be stuck there contemplating the back of a coach! I was home by midnight, a long and somewhat wearying day, but full of chapter and episode & very well worth the effort.

I took lots & lots of photos, filling a 192mgb card & starting on my sometimes reliable 512! I can always recover the images, but sometimes have to use "Disc Internals" to do so.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

A very good weekend at the rally photos on webshots

Reply to
nick

Some more pictures at

anyone is on broadband see a nice video of Jims oilfield engine at
a little while to download.

Reply to
Dave Croft

A good weekend, and as a newer newsgroup member the 1 pm photo shot was a good oportunity to put some faces to names. For those who dont know me I'm sixth from the right and Mike (middle son) is far right.

As usual there were some engines we have never heard of, as well as a godd selection of others seen only once or twice a year.

Pictures in the usual place.

Andy M

milestones snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
andyengine

"Dave Croft" wrote >

Thanks Dave and everbody else for posting so many good pics. A couple of questions - did the Edwards run - I believe it hits-and-misses independantly on each cylinder, which must make for an interesting sound. Also, what was the 'for sale' item in Dave's pics

little unit, bet it's heavy though.

Reply to
Nick H

I have asked worldwide about the "for Sale" engine & the answer is "No one knows"

Reply to
Dave Croft

G'day Alan

Thanks for posting them. I greatly enjoyed looking at them.

regards

Ian ... Link to some pics from yesterday, untitled and unsorted as yet:-

Ian Donaldson