Astle Park 1000 Engine rally

23/24 June. Just wondering how many list members will be going this year? Charles Wendel is expected to make his second visit but this year he won't be accompanied by a coach load of Americans.
Reply to
Dave Croft

I've got my pass already, so would normally be there Friday evening. However, a good friend is fifty on Saturday 23rd & has hired Brooklands for the evening. Sorry guys, might get a blast in a blower Bentley - I know you'll understand .................

I plan to be there Sunday & as they have been kind enough to send me two complimentary tickets *as well*, I might just wander round with the camera & Hazel for a change. Dunno yet.

The year has so few weekends recently, where did they all go?

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn, Regia Anglorum

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and the information in this message and/or attachments may contain protected health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not further disseminate, distribute, disclose, copy or forward this message or any of the content herein. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may or may not indicate the established policy of Regia Anglorum. It is the society's principal to rely solely upon hard copy communications in dealing with contractual matters.

This computer is protected with daily updated anti-viral software, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure their incoming mail is virus-free.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Warrington

I shall be there with the Tangye AWH4 diesel and a few other Tangye bits and bobs (some of which are being delivered direct - thanks guys! :-)

Hope to see a few more contribitors there - do come and say hello if I don't recognise you!

Cheers Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

My Father and I will be there with the Crossley (just about done!) It'l be in the van with wet paint on it :)

Looking forward to meeting plenty of people ive only known through emails . Regards,

John D Dublin-Ireland

Reply to
jdungan100

Might I politely suggest that displaying one's name - or moniker - at your engine would be useful for identification?

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Gentlemen,

A friend and I will visit on the Sunday, look out for a big fella with the word CAMPINGSTOVEMAN printed on his cap.

Martin

Reply to
campingstoveman

Will that be on the back or front :)-

Andy M

Reply to
andyengine

Having John making remarks like that is bad enough without you starting :-))

evening John.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Comes with the 'Rover' image ? :-))

We are going to Astle, probably on the Saturday, Ray Hooley has promised to try and meet us there, but might be Sunday if his other commitments don't work out.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Sorry to bring pessimistic news, but as of now most fields in that area of Cheshire are practically under water. I think we have heavy showers forecast for Saturday and (maybe less so) Sunday. It's time to keep fingers firmly crossed for some good drying days in the coming week days!

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

Cheshire are practically under water. I think we have

keep fingers firmly crossed for some good drying days

That was the only good thing about the 1000 being at Tatton for many years. The ground there was super absorbent and a few years it saved the show. Astle is reasonable for water.

Reply to
Dave Croft

Cheshire are practically under water. I think we have

keep fingers firmly crossed for some good drying

I just had a phone call from Kevin Staton the 1000 engine secretary & site manager. (01260 281378 if you have any enquiries) Someone had told him that people were worrying about the site conditions for the

1000. He asked me to re-assure you that the site is today in very good condition & no problems are expected. By the way, someone mentioned to me that they had heard that the Lister-Petter had been cancelled. Does anyone know if this is correct?
Reply to
Dave Croft

had been cancelled.

No news in the website, but it is at a new location this year.

Details on their website:

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Cheshire are practically under water. I think we have

keep fingers firmly crossed for some good drying

had been cancelled.

Good News I just hade a further phone call from Kevin Staton who has been on the site all day & despite the set up team being there for 2 days the site is still in perfect condition.

Reply to
Dave Croft

all day & despite the set up team being

Warrington

quoted text -

Excellent news - I'm all loaded up and ready to go in the morning. I expect that all will be quiet in NG-Land this weekend, can the last one out turn off the light and lock the door ;-))

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

all day & despite the set up team being

Warrington

quoted text -

I don't know if everyone else is looking at a different weather forecast to me....

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Were getting the boat to Holyhead in the morning , and should all going well be at astle for around 2 .

We've got a Crossley 1040 with us , and dont hesitate to come over and say hello!

Regards, John Dungan

Reply to
jdungan100

I'm probably talking to myself by now, but Hazel indicated in a moment of weakness that even if I couldn't exhibit at Astle Park this year, we could visit on Sunday. This we shall do, driving up from the Saturday evening birthday bash at Brooklands to overnight nearby & in first thing.

I've prevailed further upon her good nature & the Anson will be graced by her presence later on Sunday. And so home........

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Not having been to Astle Park before, and booked in for Sunday, I wondered if there was a club stand for selling everyone's no longer required spares? I have two brass open horse-shoe magnetos I was thinking of liquidating to part pay for a rebuild of another mag.

Regards, Dave Carter.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

Yes there is a very good club stall that will sell them for you.

Reply to
Dave Croft