1000 Engine Rally

How many of us will be attending this year? If a reasonable number can we arrange a meeting time & place to get a few URES group photos.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map
Map

Dave Croft

I'll be there on the Saturday, all being well. I don't know whether I'l have an engine with me or not.

Reply to
Arthur G

Hope so. Not a regular visit for us due to distance (means an overnight stay, putting cat into prison etc etc) but I think we are on for this year.

Reply to
Nick H

Fran and I are there for the weekend exhibiting our Titan. Happy to fit in with any photo shoot arrangements.

Look forward to putting faces to names.

Mark Drake

Reply to
Mark Drake

I shall be there, provided the van scrapes through another MOT tomorrow and I get the Blackstone cooling tank finished. I always mention URES on the bottom of my display board so you should spot me by that.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Yes, we will be there for the weekend from Scotland, exhibiting the Coventry Victor etc and would be pleased to meet for a photo and a 'blether' ! Regards David

-- Stationary Engines Scotland

out for the Spamtrap !

Reply to
David McC

Yes, we will be there for the weekend from Scotland, exhibiting the Coventry Victor etc and would be pleased to meet for a photo and a 'blether' ! Regards David

-- Stationary Engines Scotland

out for the Spamtrap !

Reply to
David McC

Astle Park, Cheshire.

Reply to
Nick H

Daft question? when is it.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

26/27th of this month. If you want to be recognised go to
print the badge to stick to your coat. (Write your name on it)

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Or even where...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Nearest connurbation is Chelford, Dave. You'll struggle to find Astle Park.

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Damn! will be coming back from Brittany over that weekend.

Really, REALLY wanted to go this year too! Oh well

Simon Taylor

Reply to
Simon Taylor

As things stand, I have every intention of being there, my pitch number being 4. Where are the rest of you?

I've not been there before, so would be grateful for any hints and tips previous attendees might have.

I take it this is an event where one drops off the engine and general clutter and parks the car some distance away. As I don't walk far all that easily, can anyone make a sensible guess at approximately how far? I won't attend the Great Dorset following reports of long-distance hiking requiring supply drops and stops to let the camels drink.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Hi all

In message , Dave Croft writes

I hope to attend and have cut out my badge :-) Sadly, I doubt I shall be exhibiting this year - still making trolleys...

Regards

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

Very wise Kim. The Great Dorset is a marathon. Depending on what time you arrive, car to pay gate can be 1/4 mile. Perhaps that's why I see a higher percentage of wheelchairs at that rally than any other. Even when you get in there, the engine display is disappointingly small. I still go every year though but mainly for the traders area and the variety of machinery. Incidentally, I had my invitation to buy tickets arrive a few days ago. I noticed that the entry fee reduces after 5pm. It always used to be free after that time. Now it looks like they will be charging.

John

Reply to
John Manders

I'll be travelling up on Friday night. What's the latest they will let me in?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Hi Kim, they usually work very late but when they do shut for the night they have an area to park overnight on the field. This will be mentioned at the next meeting & they will be ready for a midnight Viking raid. 8^)

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

I'd try to be there before midnight anyway, sword in hand ;o)).

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

I have decided to take the plunge and come along complete with engine. This is assuming I am not too late to enter.

I need to sort out some transport problems but I think I can manage that.

I also need to obtain some third party insurance. I had it before from a company that advertised in the back of SE mag but haven't seen them for a while. Anybody have any suggestions as to where I can get the relevant insurance?

See you all there.

Regards,

John

Reply to