Fred Talbot at a Museum on Granada

I was just told that Fred Talbot showed a Stationary Engine Museum tonight. Did anyone see it & was it the Anson?

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map
Map

Dave Croft

Didn't see nought down here, was this exclusive to northern types?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Yes it was us,three and a half hours filming produced a well edited little piece. Thought of all sorts after it was done but it was always going to be a short slot,all done ad lib.Fred was very interested in the engines and their uses,and he will try and do something again next year. It must do us all good to get Internal Combustion Engines a plug on the telly.

Geoff Challinor Chairman,Anson Engine Museum Poynton Cheshire snipped-for-privacy@enginemuseum.org

Reply to
Geoff Challinor

Maybe it helps if you're a telly watcher. At the risk of sounding grossly ignorant - who's Fred Talbot?

Regards,

Arthur G

Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

It wasn't on in the Bristol area. Did you get a copy Geoff? If so, could I scrounge a copy?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Hi Kim , I beat you to ask him. 8^) Who on this group knows enough computors to tell me how to put a 4 minute video on to a web site?

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map
Map

Dave Croft

Hi Dave, We are in the process of doing the videos of our own engines for the Internal Fire site. If anyone has a copy of the video I'll convert it and put it onto The Anson site.

Even highly compressed though the full 4 minutes will be massive and really only practical for people with Broadband connections. It would have to be split into more manageable chunks for "slower" people.

There will also be some new video on the Northern Mill Engine Society site shortly at

Cheers Paul

-- ____________________________________

Internal Fire, Museum of Power, Wales

(under construction)

Reply to
Paul Evans

Hi Paul, Geoff says he has a copy so I will tell him about your offer.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Reply to
Dave Croft

Fred Talbot is a presenter on the Nortwest area local news team. Geoff Challinor Chairman,Anson Engine Museum Poynton Cheshire snipped-for-privacy@enginemuseum.org