Small Tractors?

Could anyone tell me what those small 3 wheel machines are called driven by a small villiers engine or a lister D which people ride on at various stationary engine meetings please? I seem to recall the name of "wimpy" one was called?

Regards, Ian.

Reply to
kingsnavy

If it is the Lister Auto truck, you will find a lot about them at,

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map
Map

Dave Croft

I suspect that what you saw was the name Wrigley not wimpy,they were makers of these small trucks as were Lister and Bonser who were later called Martin Trucks.Even Wolseley made a version,the merry tiller rotavator fitted into a turntable on the front of a cart to make what was called the merrytruck.

Reply to
Kenny Williams

Our American friends have many such home-builds, sometimes driven by decent open crank engines .... They can be a real nuisance at places like Portland, as you never know when you are about to be mown down by a non-stationary stationary engine ..

As always, they have a descriptive American collective noun

-- bum-buts.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Osborne

Is that a collective term for the tractors or the Americans ?? ___

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Reply to
Arthur Griffin