Webshots Guestbook

P'nawn da all,

a historic thing happened today. I received a webshots guestbook entry! RESULT!!!!!

Of all of the thousands of hits on my webshots pages, only one person has ever left a guestbook entry. Do the other webshotters find the same?

It seems that webshot lurking affects a higher proportion of folk than NG lurking :-))

Regards, Arthur G

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Hi Arthur, I have two guestbook entries in 23,000 views.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map
Map

Dave Croft

Twelve guestbook entries in 141,000+ hits.

Tell you a strange thing, my three albums of pictures of the Anson museum have attracted 5,182 hits as of today. I've just checked their website and its had 6,117 hits.

Shove over Geoff, I'm catching you fast!! ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Be careful, stats are not always what they seem to be. It is possible that people could be hot linking to some images. Depending on the format of the stats you should be able to see exactly what is going on. If there are forums shown among the referrers there would be good reason to suspect that something fishy is going on. Given that it is a free service the only issue might be the misuse/theft of your copyright images.

Where you are paying for hosting, hotlinking (bandwidth theft) can become a huge problem. With my sites it became such an issue that I am having to implement methods to stop it, as with many things, such methods are a compromise. This link:

is a test page where I have hotlinked to an image from one of my sites using an image from another one of my sites on a different server. It is worth taking a look at it, if for the only reason it will give you a good idea if your browser is giving out any information. If you see an Allis Chalmers tractor your browser is very secure and is not giving out the information required for the protection, if you the see an anti copyright/bandwidth theft logo your browser is giving out sufficient information for the htaccess protection file to work.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

Show off! Some of us go for quality rather than quantity. Of course I don't go for either ;-)

Regards, Arthur G

On the other hand, there are different fingers.

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

"Richard H Huelin" Where you are paying for hosting, hotlinking (bandwidth theft) can

Well it worked for me. no tractor just a warning.

That should stop a few people in their tracks.

Simon Taylor

Reply to
Simon Taylor