Picture sites/websites

Gentlemen, We all have web sites or picture sites, how about putting up the addresses so we can all have a look.

Martin P

-- When replying use snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I find it extraordinary that my rather undistinguished webshots page, which has only existed for two weeks and has AFAIK only been mentioned on this NG, has attracted over 500 hits. Just how many lurkers do we have out there and why are they so reluctant to join in?

Now I'm on broadband, I hope to get some more pics up over the weekend.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

All, I've posted this quite often, but just in case, you can see my webshot albums on:

To follow up on what Nick said, its quite surprising how many people lurk, view webshots and never post. I can partly understand the lurking, I lurked for quite a while before posting. I think people are nervous of exposing their ignorance and/or inexperience.

Having both those qualities in spades, I can only say that I have not had ridicule or hostility, though the violent attack on my virus-free PC with the Ogle conrod has left me somewhat dazed ;-).

Come on you lurkers, show yourselves. You've nothing to lose and plenty to gain. No one will get bitten because of inexperience or poor typing skills.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Sorry Martin but my pictures are still relying on hard copy. One day I will get myself a digital camera and join the rest of you. How about attaching details to the excellent map that Dave initiated. An excellent idea was that Dave. On the subject of the map, could folks include the first part of their post code as the map isn't too precise. I suspect my location may be up to 20 miles out. I'm at OX13 along with thousands of other folks. So no security breach there then.

John

Reply to
John Manders

I have a handful of pictures on my site at:

-- Patrick M Livingstone Leichhardt NSW

Reply to
Patrick M Livingstone

"John Manders" wrote (snip):-

Don't be so sure John, you have a fairly unusual surname. Infact a quick search produced only one Manders in the OX13 area. Might not be you of course but why risk it? I'll stick with W. London.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Well I can think of one person I'd rather have NOT displayed his ignorance & inexperience! Resting now Gareth are we?

Generally I think most people come in have a look & listen, or learn, & then start by asking a question or two. So at any time there are surely more lurkers than contributors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com John Lloyd - Cymru/Wales

John.LloydUNSPAM

Some handful!!! it is good to see engines that we never get to see here. I also like the old adverts, which reminds me that I have a site with some really poor ones on that I must redo. Currently I am busy re-fettling my Stem Roller site, I have bookmarked your site and you can be certain that each time I take a break from that I will be using up some of your bandwidth.

Richard H Huelin

Most of the engine pictures on my site are under the Rally reports menus except for my own engines of course. I intend reworking the menu page during the winter as it is getting cluttered and difficult to find some menus without going through the lot.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

True, I suppose I never thought of that. Thanks

John

Reply to
John Manders

---------------------------

---------------------------

Jut to let you know, I have been lurking on this newsgroup for a couple of years now, and have learned a lot:-

1/ This is the friendliest newsgroup I have come across yet! 2/ The information here is normally very helpful and sensible 3/ Nothing in restoration is impossible! (it just takes a long time and deep pockets!)

The reason I have not posted befor is that I do not own a "stationary" engine in the normal sense - I am part owner of a group of Diesel Locomotives and Bits - -Some more staionary than others! The background inforamtion I have gathered from this group has stood me in good stead when attempting various jobs. (Anyone got any advice in changing the drive end crankshaft oil seal casting on a Sulzer 6LDA28 engine (with close coupled 800Kw generator)? as the casting has fractured at an old repair and bits are now lying at the bottom of 100 gallons of oil in the sump! The oil seal itself is staight forward - it's 1/4" square section around an

8" journal, I just am trying to avoid splitting the generator from the engine as it is overhung and I don't fancy trying to support the armature as we disconnect the coupling to the crankshaft - the generator weighs in the region of 5 tons, indicating that the armature will be suitably awkward to handle! FYI the engine is 280mm bore by 360mm stroke 6 cylinder rated at 1160hp @750rpm.

Keep up the good work!

Dave Inglis

Reply to
NCR Employee

What sort of stems do you roll, and why???

Brian L Dominic

NB Rumpus

Web Sites: NB Rumpus:

Friends of the Cromford Canal:
Mid-Derbyshire Light Railway:
I may work for British Waterways, but my opinions are my own.

Reply to
Brian Dominic

Good question, put it down to finger trouble or advancing senility.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

Added a couple more to 'All Hot Air' album

Reply to
Nick Highfield