An Engine

Gentlemen,

You know this thing we have for engines, well look at this one that a friend of mine pointed me too.

Martin P

-- When replying use snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Betcha Kim could still get it in the back of his Volvo!

Reply to
Nick Highfield

I would think this would be difficult to rally!

Dave.

Reply to
NCR Employee

What's the starting procedure!

Christopher W.

Reply to
Christopher Wigdor

Well I was about to suggest compressed air but the flywheel has a ring gear and there appears to be a starter motor alongside it. Presumably you just turn the key.

John

Reply to
John Manders

I'd enjoy a pic of the crank grinding machine :-) ttfn

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Well, you just take this really strong piece of rope and wind it around the pulley, and ...

JW² Perth, Western Australia

Norton AntiVirus 2003 installed

Reply to
Jack Watson

I think you'll find that that is barring gear, to turn it over for maintenance and for preparing to start. Starting itself will almost certainly be compressed air.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech