Stationary Engine: Anson Museum page 12

Gentlemen,

Has Anybody got their copy of Stationary Engine Magazine yet, if so have you seen the article about the Anson Museum open day on page 12, if so don't the photographs that Patrick Knight took look absolutely fantastic especially the one of the Gardner 4TS engine at the bottom of the page. Doesn't Arthur Griffin and Martin Perman look well in the picture, oop's sorry that's me with Arthur. Fame at last first I'm in print now I'm in pictures, please don't forget to look at it for at least fifteen minutes. :-))

Martin P

-- When replying use snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Personally I preferred last month's front cover or the month before that p25 :-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Roland,

Well done, join the club. Is that you hidden by Philip. How long have you been living in North Devon or my geography as bad as I think it is.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

as ever :-) no we haven't moved nor I am ever prepared to contemplate it! A friend in the business calculated 4 pantechnicon loads to clear this place. Shudder! ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Typical, famous for fifteen seconds and I haven't even seen it.

I hope Postman Dai brings it tomorrow. Otherwise I won't have my pin-up of Martin until we return from the outlaws.

Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

It's a frightenening thought is moving house. I have done it a couple of times since I got a reasonable workshop. Both times the removers made the mistake of underestimating the weight of my "stuff". The first time only took 1 lorry but they loaded all the furniture then put the heavy stuff in the overhang. The driver reported very light steering after that. The second time it took 2 lorries. It's amazing where the stuff comes from, I sure I didn't get all of it myself. However, I warned them that the workshop contents were mostly steel ant heavy. Did they take any notice? Of course not. All of the furniture went on the one lorry and they proceeded to load the workshop onto the other one. When they actually left, the rear tyres were visibly flat. At the usual end of loading time when they were asking if they had everything, the poor drivers face fell when I pointed out the concrete filled garden roller and JCB bucket. I hasten to add that, on both occasions, I had already moved all the really heavy stuff and vehicles myself. That took a good few heavy trailer trips. So why did I buy a place without a workshop?

John

Reply to
John Manders