16mm gauge

Gentlemen, Anybody know where I can get a set of plans for a 16mm gauge narrow gauge loco please.
Martin P
-- When replying use snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Campingstoveman wrote:

Or any good books.
Camden Miniature Steam Services do a range of excellent books, they advertise in the mags. ISTR that their email address (and presumably their web address) is along the lines of camdenmin.something

Do you mean 16.5mm gauge (OO) in which case the 7mm NG society is a good starting point http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~7mmnga /
or do you mean 16mm to the foot?, as in garden railways (like mine) in which case the gauges are 32mm (O) or 45mm (gauge 1). Try the 16mm NGM www.16mmngmodellers.org.uk.
Keith bucklich has the plans for a Brazil class loco on the 'net, you can get the link from the 16mmNGM. I have built one that I can't get to run properly on steam,: works perfectly on air though........
Too small and fiddly, I'm on 5" now.
There is a nice De Winton, called Idris, by Dave Watkins that looks easy to build http://www.davewatkins.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/steam.htm
Martin L
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:53:10 +0100, "Campingstoveman"