Gauge one

Gentlemen,

Can anybody point me in the direction of some drawings of Gauge one locomotives please.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

firstly, how much experience do you have at building steam locos

-- bolma

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bolmas's Profile:

this thread:

bolmas

None but have the machinery and the knowledge to make one :-)) Time served and all that plus a grandfather who did model engineering all his life and passed on a few tips.

Martin P

bolmas wrote:

Reply to
Campingstoveman

The Gauge 1 Model Railway Association

have two sets of plans available -both of which are in the form of a book with full construction details. The Project is a single inside cylinder 0-6-0 design based on a Derby 4F, and the Dee is a twin inside cylinder

4-4-0 based on the Wainwright "D" class. These are not very expensive, and will probably be useful even if you don't build the actual loco. A chap at the local club uses the project boiler for all his loco's (O gauge).

If you fancy something a bit more adventurous Model Engineer did a series on building an Evening Star in Gauge 1in volume 182.

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

In message , Campingstoveman writes

Google throws up a wealth of info. Use the advanced search and (for starters) try

exact phrase: gauge one" all of the words: model

The first hit when I tried it gave The Gauge One Society at . One of the first links in that site is to "The Project" (an LMS 4F 0-6-0).

Happy steaming

Reply to
Mike H

e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk as i have a spare copy of the projec