Compression Software

Gentlemen,
Can somebody point me in the direction of free Compression software please.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Sorry I want to Zip files to send.
Martin P

campingstoveman
From Google try these links.
Not tried them myself but understand they are both capable .
Regards
Andy M
Reply to
andyengine
If it simply for compressing images for emailing Picasa:
from Google is a very useful tool.
For other purposes Irfanview
is well worth downloading.
If it is only for the odd compassion there are various on-line compression service such as
available, the only snag is that you need to give them an email address to get your image and perhaps much more back.
Reply to
Richard H Huelin
Winzip is the most used, Winrar is better and does volumes across multiple discs.
I think the old PKZip is still around as well.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web:
Peter A Forbes