Watermota K2Marine engine

I acquired a two stroke twin marine engine the other day. It looked to me like a K2 Watermota & a little research this morning indicates that it is indeed one of they beasts. Here's some pics (reduced!)

It is quite solid, but as it has its plugs in the cylinders, I have some hopes of moving it - not so hard on two strokes as a rule. It is complete with square bodied ML (I think) magneto, original Amal carb & exhaust manifolds. They scrub up well & Prestons currently have one for sale

Now all I have to do is decide what to do with it!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

That's going to be a cute little engine when polished up!

Are those water jackets electrolytically formed? I'd love one of those early engines with copper jackets.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Kim

It wants to be mounted in a boat cut length ways to display it.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Gentlemen,

By chance somebody on the kiddies forum is looking for a K2 and has put up pictures of a K2 and 2 to look at.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Them's pretty things with their copper water jackets. Don't you have a K1 lurking somewhere as well?

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Actually, Nick, yes, I do have a K1 as well! It is in much better nick & is one of the engines I bought in my First Incarnation of interest in the

1970's.

'course, I'm torn now because I have so much to do already ..........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Do you mean the engine or the boat? Regardless of the answer, in my experience, neither work very well after being cut in half.

John

Reply to
John

Mounting in a boat sounds problematical and surely display is possible without being sliced in two :-)

ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Hi there,

I have a yacht built in 1924 with a K2 WaterMota installed, and am currently restoring her. There are some parts I need for the engine to get it running again. Are there any societies, hobbyists or people you know of who might have some parts stashed away?

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Kind regards, Sam McGill

Reply to
Sam McGill

replying to Sam McGill, Bradley wrote: Have parts for Watermota K2. Will dig them out and send a list if you're still interested.

Reply to
Bradley

replying to Sam McGill, Bradley wrote: Have parts for Watermota K2. Will dig them out and send a list if you're still interested.

Reply to
Bradley

replying to Sam McGill, Bradley wrote: Have parts for Watermota K2. Will dig them out and send a list if you're still interested.

Reply to
Bradley

replying to Sam McGill, Bradley wrote: Have parts for Watermota K2. Will dig them out and send a list if you're still interested.

Reply to
Bradley

Hi Bradley, Sorry for the late response, I am very interested! Please contact me on snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Sam McGill

Hi Bradley, I am very interested. Please send me an email and hopefully we can work something out... I'm currently in the process of getting patterns made to recast the barrels, very time consuming and costly...

Reply to
Sam McGill

Hi Bradley,

Very interested in the parts you have, please contact me on snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com