Watermota K2Marine engine

I acquired a two stroke twin marine engine the other day. It looked to me like a K2 Watermota & a little research this morning indicates that it is
indeed one of they beasts. Here's some pics (reduced!)
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2489112370036810695RXEJml
It is quite solid, but as it has its plugs in the cylinders, I have some hopes of moving it - not so hard on two strokes as a rule. It is complete with square bodied ML (I think) magneto, original Amal carb & exhaust manifolds. They scrub up well & Prestons currently have one for sale
http://www.prestonservices.co.uk/Watermota_Marine_3.jpg
Now all I have to do is decide what to do with it!
Regards,
Kim Siddorn

That's going to be a cute little engine when polished up!
Are those water jackets electrolytically formed? I'd love one of those early engines with copper jackets.
Kim
It wants to be mounted in a boat cut length ways to display it.
Martin P

Do you mean the engine or the boat? Regardless of the answer, in my experience, neither work very well after being cut in half.
John
Mounting in a boat sounds problematical and surely display is possible without being sliced in two :-)
ttfn Roland

Gentlemen,
By chance somebody on the kiddies forum is looking for a K2 and has put up pictures of a K2 and 2 to look at. http://www.stationary-engine.net/forum/showthread.php?p 352#post92352
Martin P

kimsiddorn wrote:

Them's pretty things with their copper water jackets. Don't you have a K1 lurking somewhere as well?
NHH
Actually, Nick, yes, I do have a K1 as well! It is in much better nick & is one of the engines I bought in my First Incarnation of interest in the 1970's.
'course, I'm torn now because I have so much to do already ..........
Regards,
Kim Siddorn

Hi there,
I have a yacht built in 1924 with a K2 WaterMota installed, and am currently restoring her. There are some parts I need for the engine to get it running again. Are there any societies, hobbyists or people you know of who might have some parts stashed away?
Any help would be immensely appreciated.
Kind regards, Sam McGill