Key steel

RS Components do the key steel.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Gentlemen,

Can some one point me in the direction of 3mm square key steel or 3mm square Bowden cable please.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

John,

I have just found key steel, now the hard part the cable.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

When we used to make motorcycle speedo cables up we used to crimp the square on the end of a cable by squeezing the cable between two 1/2" square bars with a vee filed in each.

Worked OK but if you want 10 metre's it might be a fair bit of work

.
Reply to
John Stevenson

John,

I just want three inches to repair the speedo drive on my Rover P6 where it goes into the gearbox. Your suggestion is a good Idea.

Reply to
campingstoveman