Is there anybody there.

Gentlemen,

Is there anybody there, I appear to be only receiving Arthur and Nick Highfield is everybody not on the last week or have I been Kill filed by everybody else :-(( If so what have I done now ?

Martin P

-- When replying use snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Oh, did Arthur and I forget to kill file you? Only joking, it has been a bit quiet - your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to start a thread which not only none of the regulars can resist joining in but also draws erstwhile lurkers out of their hidey holes;-)

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Ah is heah boss :-))

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Some of us are busy with projects/websites/engines/bit on the side/etc etc., we don't all have time to lay around watching TV or browsing the web....:-))

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

I have posted a couple of times in the last week and there have been 22 in the last 24hours.

How are things Martin, what are you restoring for this season?

Reply to
Pete Aldous

Gentlemen, To answer Peter's comment I am actually writing an article for the club newsletter on Digital Photography and so far I am up to two full scap pages and hardly started not web searching and I have done a bit more to my web site. :-)) To answer your question Pete I am trying to finish a Villiers WXII but cant get the flywheel off to replace bearings etc and also a small Gas engine I have owned for years I am restoring to run. Do you and Peter fancy coming this way on the 8 - 9 of may to a small but growing do.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Yup, still here...! Bit busy at the moment trying to get caught up after spending two weeks out of action with an ankle injury. Took the engine and box out of a scrap Sherpa van tonight for a mate as the start of his next project - a Perkins Diesel powered something! Will be cutting it up tomorrow and carting it to the scrappies. Up to Yorkshire at the weekend on another gathering mission, then hopefully things will calm down so I can get a trolley made for the Crossley TSH2 which currently sits in my shed doorway. No major restorations this year, just maintenance and getting a few things presentable and on trolleys ready for the upcoming rally season.

Cheers

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

I've just remembered I've got a sick Bradford to look at plus another to fetch when the wifes not looking :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Evening, Martin, just got back from the engineering evening class, skimming a bearing surface on the turntable for a Bamford trolley. Took about 90 minutes to set it up on a faceplate, 10 minutes to do the job. Ho hum.

Got a nice book today "The Petrol Engine" about 1920. Quite a nice section on SEs, though short. I'll enjoy reading through it.

And so to bed (I've got sheep to feed before work in the morning.)

Regards, Arthur G Task for tomorrow, look up cupidity and avidity again, and remember the difference! Get that dictionary out.

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Arthur, Dont count them you may not reach work zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I've been spending a lot of time in the shed over the last week. Having been in a state of denial over the knocking big end in the 8 hp Atomic, I have grasped the nettle, so to speak, and stripped it all down. I'm waiting for my brother to come round this evening to help me carry the crankshaft to the car, as its too heavy for one person to lift, and it goes off the the engineers tomorrow. They have to press off one main bearing housing, then I take it home again. Why? Because then I need to get the counterweights off before it can go in the crank grinder, and this in itself isn't a five minute job.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
Philip THornton-Evison

Good luck with the flywheel Martin, they can be a b****r. Have mailed you off list re 8-9 May.

Reply to
Pete Aldous

I collected a 1940's B&S kickstart engine last week and a Petter AB1 (Hi Julian, I got into Norwich at midnight !) on Tuesday, so have come up to check that I should not be doing anything vital in the office before I spend the rest of the day investigating my new oily toys.

The pleasures of working from home ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

You do know, Martin, that a copy of every one of your posts is sent directly to your wife's blackberry! You do know she keeps one hidden in the bottom of her handbag!

They know all, see all, and now you know how!

Dan

|>))

Reply to
dgates-at-keller - no - space - engineering - dot - com

Streuth, Another lawnmower engine and a diesel - what ever posessed you Kim!

Reply to
Nick Highfield