DIY MANUAL Lathe or Mill

Hello,

Anyone knows if there is a thread or site on how to build a simple manual lathe or mill device.

Cheers.

-ks

-- shim

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from the RCGroups.com Discussion Forums. Visit us at

shim

You could start with :-

After the above stick 'Gingery lathe' into Google for something more demanding.

L.C. Mason also wrote a book "Building a Small Lathe" which I have but have yet to read. I have though seen an example of the finished machine and was most impressed (the reason I bought the book).

Reply to
Neil Barnes

shim.

There is a Tee publications book available from Chronos at £9.50. (see chonos.ltd.uk)

I built a lathe about 15 years ago based on an artical by J. Neave in the model engineer. I modified the design to increase the centre hight and also changed the mandrel to a Myford type standard. it was an interesting project but took me about a year to finish and probably cost more than a old but serviceable small lathe.

If you wish to contact me please E mail me at snipped-for-privacy@rack2000.karoo.co.uk. I may be able to find the artical.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Welbourn

Neil,

Thanks for the link. Will definately check out the site.

Cheers.

-shim